Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Search subscriptions" link is misleading

Looking at the link text, one could have the idea that a function exists to search among all the subscriptions with some filtering options like user, board, argument, lable or so. Nothing more wrong!

"search subscriptions" link drives you to a page where to create a search query and automatically suscribe to it. So it seems to me that a different text should be used.

Screenshot 2017-12-13 13.53.04.pngGoing a little bit further, it seems to me that despite the plural in the link, only one search query can be set at a time.

Finally, some guidance as to how to create such a query would be well accepted.

BTW, is there a way to search a particular subscription among the 350+ pages I see listed?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,284 Views)

Hi Roberto,

I can see why that term may be misleading. As you stated, "search subscriptions" literally refers to "searches" you have subscribed to. Information on how to use this can be found under Help > Bookmarks, Subscriptions, RSS > How can I get emails when messages include specific words or ... However, please note that we do have an open bug report with our community provider for this functionality. You might find that search queries return no results or that false-positives are returned. It may be better to use a third-party service such as Google Alerts.

As for searching your actual community subscriptions, unfortunately there are no search or sorting options available. We can raise an enhancement request to our community provider for improvements on this feature.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,265 Views)