Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special icon for OPs

When I'm in a (long) thread, it's not always clear if a post is from OP (Original Poster) or not. I've seen this go wrong, where the remark is assumed to be from OP, when it's not. This results in weird discussions.

How hard would it be to add some special marker (a logo, text, text formatting, whatever) to mark posts of the OP of a thread? Just to highlight that the post is from the OP of the thread.

If this is somehow indicated, I've missed it (so please tell me).

Message 1 of 5
(5,811 Views)

Hi wiebe@CARYA,

Thank you for your special icon suggestion. We will review the impacts and possibility for making this change and may pursue developing this.

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
Message 2 of 5
(5,459 Views)

Hi wiebe@CARYA,

We are working on this request for our next NI Community release. Here is a in-progress screen shot:

markwni_1-1611605273213.png

I'd welcome your feedback before we finalize it.

Thanks,

Mark

Community Manager
NI Community
Message 3 of 5
(3,830 Views)

Hi Mark,

it seems you finalized that feature already!

In my opinion the layout is ok.

Maybe the dim green background could be turned a little more "neon like" for improved recognition (if it fits with your corporate identity/branding). Use the highlighted "Post" button as a color example:

More feedback:

In the last time the "NI Community News" are updated very seldomly, like for this "Author" feature.

And when there are announcements then they come with minimal advance time like your last one

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,717 Views)

I'll check...

EDIT: Yes, it works!

Author.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,714 Views)