Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New selection mechanism?

Solved!
Go to solution

At one point today, I got these weird circles wherever I type:

Circles in forum.PNG

They appeared suddenly, and I don't see how I get back to the old way.

I have a few problems with them....

With a Wacom pen tablet, double clicking does not work. So I cannot make a selection with the mouse. I have to click outside the text box, then double click inside it to get a one time opportunity to make a selection.

The circles cannot select between a > and a <, so selecting a HTML part <\p><p> becomes impossible.

Selection before: move mouse click and drag to select.

Selection now: Click outside text box, double click in text box hoping it worked else repeat, move mouse to circle, drag circle, hope it snaps correctly.

Even a normal click inside a word, makes the cursor move to the beginning or end of the word. It's terrible. This does not happen with a mouse, but it's terrible with a pen.

I have no idea if it is Windows, Edge, Lithium, me, and if it's an option, a bug or a feature. But I can't work with it...

Any ideas to get this over with are very welcome.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,894 Views)

OK, it seems to be a Windows 10 thing. It effects more applications, even LabVIEW.

Apparently, from now on my mouse pen is a touch panel. Thanks M$ for the Windows update!

No solution jet...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,885 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wiebe@CARYA

I got this after yesterdays Windows 10 update. Others got this after Creators Fall update.

I put "Ignore touch input when I'm using my pen" ("Pen & Windows Ink" configuration window) to on. Didn't do anything, but after a restart, everything worked as before. Not sure if that's what solved it...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,874 Views)

Hi Wiebe,

We haven't made any recent updates on our side, so it seems like the Windows update must have been the culprit. Glad to hear you resolved the issue!

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,867 Views)