Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a proper way to submit documentation feedback?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi folks,

This is my first post on this particular board, so I hope I've come to the right place.

Today I was staring at a particularly confusing documentation page and I wanted to offer some constructive feedback on some of the wording, etc. When I scrolled down to the bottom of the document I was greeted with overwhelming enthusiasm by, "Your Feedback!"

YourFeedback.png

My feedback! Yes, how exciting! Rather than lower myself to troll status and mark a "1", I gave the document a fair "3", but then clicked on "Add Comments"

"Add Comments" redirects the user to "Product Suggestion Center", which offers a menu of NI products. I looked for a "documentation" category, but alas there was none. My topic of necessity was TestStand, so I selected that and was redirected to the Idea Exchange.

Now, I can imagine the volume of sordid nastygrams once produced by "Your Feedback!" comments.  (Your feedback! with an exclamation of rage.)  I can certainly sympathize with the motives for removal of the comment form. 

Nonetheless, is there a new and accepted way to offer civilized documentation feedback?

Thanks all,

Mr. Jim

Message 1 of 4
(2,779 Views)

I think this change in the way document feedback is handled happened a couple years ago.

It really needs to be fixed.  A long path that directs someone to the Idea Exchange is just wrong.  Most of the time, feedback to a document isn't something to suggest an improvement to a product, but something to improve that specific documentation page.  It could be incorrect information, a broken link, an unclear statement in the writing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,729 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mr._Jim

Hi Mr._Jim,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our web team is currently evaluating those pages to improve the customer experience.  The best way to give feedback is on the contact us page to ensure the feedback is given to the right team. 

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
Message 3 of 4
(2,719 Views)

Hi Kristi, thanks for your response!

That makes perfect sense - I'd forgotten about that form.  Now we know.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,717 Views)