From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icons thread

And here's a quick front panel example (Switch with LED: 5 seconds off, 0.5 seconds on).
Message 21 of 498
(15,431 Views)
Please make a flashing execution highlight lightbulb for me!

Or better tell me how to quickly get into animated gif already

Jean-Pierre

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 22 of 498
(15,419 Views)
Speaking of animation, take a look at this VI.

It's neat to see the animated icon on diagrams and hierarchy window.
One could make a tool to put a running/moving arrow on icons of VIs that are actually running in the hierachy.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 23 of 498
(15,417 Views)

@tst wrote:
I'm hoping this post will come after the first post.

It didn't in my screen...

I'd better quote so you know what I'm talking about..

J
Message 24 of 498
(15,390 Views)

@Jean-Pierre Drolet wrote:
Please make a flashing execution highlight lightbulb for me!
Jean-Pierre,

I'm not quite sure what you had in mind, but here's a first draft. (It is only 800 bytes).

I am using Corel Photopaint, but there are probably better programs to do this. Corel is not very easy to use unless you are quite familiar.

p.s. I like your icon.vi, but prefer a 33 rotation instead of 32. 🙂
Message 25 of 498
(15,431 Views)
Hi tst,

The trouble is that blue reply link isn't on the screen unless you are somewhere near the top of the screen. Maybe the blue reply link should be added with the black one.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 26 of 498
(15,359 Views)
I've only just worked how to do static ones......
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 27 of 498
(15,407 Views)
I wanted to point out that Johnner has a cool animated icon now and just in case he decides to stop using it, here's the incriminating evidence - . Now, where did he get that idea?
Initially, I actually posted a much smaller file, but since I couldn't manage to get it work (presumably the lowercase problem) I ended up posting this one instead (which is actually a nice feature of the edit option).
I will see if I can do something with animation. My current version of Photoshop (5 Limited) can't do animated gifs, so I'll have to find where I put GIMP and brush up on it a little. Hopefully it can handle it.

Does anyone know if the animated Gifs work in LV 6.1? If so, can someone post JP's VI so that I (Lowly mortal with LV 6.1) can have a look.........

Thanks

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 29 of 498
(15,388 Views)
I just tried.
Jp's VI uses the Get\Set VI Icon from image data methods, which don't appear to be available in 6.1.
It is a cool one though (it doesn't do animated gifs). Maybe you should consider upgrading, now that you have what to look for...

(15,383 Views)