DigiMetrix

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing an Executable Deployment

I've built an application using the KUKA Digimetrix library, and everything works great when in the LabVIEW Development environment.  Now when I build the executable, when it runs I get an error (1003 some VIs are broken).  I know that when the KUKA library is not licensed all the VIs are broken, so my question is how do I ensure that the library will run properly licensed on the windows PC the executable is deployed onto?  I know how to activate the license using the LabVIEW IDE, but how do you license the library when running in the LabVIEW RunTime engine?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,567 Views)

Hello Nathan,

Guidelines to deploy the executable can be found here:

LabVIEW menu -> Help -> DigiMetrix -> Kuka Robotics Library -> DigiMetrix Robotics Library for Kuka -> Building and Deploying an Application

Briefly (for Windows):

• Build an executable
  • Copy  executable to the target
  • Copy to the same location as executable on the target two dlls (skca32.dll and keylib32.dll for 32-bit app or skca64.dll and keylib64.dll for 64-bit app) – those dlls can be found in <LabVIEW installation folder>/resource
  • Copy to the same location as executable on the target a RUN-TIME license file – it can be found in <ProgramData folder>\DigiMetrix\Kuka Robotics Library\Run-Time License file\DM_KuRL_RUN-TIME.LF
  • Run the executable on the target as Administrator – it will request activation, provide the RUN-TIME license activation LicenseID and Passsword.

Development license can be converted to RUN-TIME and vice versa (just e-mail support@digimetrix.com).

Best Regards,

Svetlana Volkova

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,539 Views)