DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically execute Navigator refresh

Solved!
Go to solution

What equivalent script commands are executed by the Navigator toolbar (NavMain - NavRefresh) ?  After I programmatically (script) optimize custom file properties for the current search area, I want those to be shown in the dropdownbox for the Navigator advanced search. The solution to updating the dropdownbox is to programmatically refresh the Navigator in the same way as clicking the Navigator 'Refresh' toolbar.  How do I execute that Navigator refresh in a script?    See attached image for additional reference.  

'These commands don't accomplish the objective:

Set oDF = Navigator.ConnectDataFinder("My DataFinder")

Call oDF.Refresh()

'This command doesn't work:

Call Navigator.Display.CurrDataFinder.Browser.RefreshAll()

This was a challenge back when I was working with DIAdem 2014 for CNH Industrial.  Back then I worked around the issue by re-connecting to the DataFinder.  That solution no longer works under DIAdem 2020.

Call Navigator.ConnectDataFinder("My DataFinder")

DIAdem - NAVMain - NavRefresh (1).png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,345 Views)

Hey Mark,

I found this on the web, maybe can be helpful? 🙂

Method: Refresh for DataFinder

Using a script command to refresh external data?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,275 Views)
Solution
Accepted by markwkiehl

Hi Mark,

the upcoming next DIAdem release is going to officially release the already existing method:

Navigator.Display.CurrDataFinder.QueryForm.RefreshAll

You may want to "nonofficially" try this out, today? 😉

Greetings from wintery-sunny Aachen

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,168 Views)

The command:

Navigator.Display.CurrDataFinder.QueryForm.RefreshAll

Has solved all of my Navigator problems that interact with the Navigator object via a script.  Thank you!  🙂

The command is useful when new DataFinder indexing is underway or complete. The command is needed to check on the indexing status, and to programmatically update the GUI after indexing is complete.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,158 Views)