DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bus Log Conversion of FlexRayExample cannot execute programmatically

I can use the Bus Log Conversion dialog to convert the example bus log file FlexRayExample.tdms and the bus log database file FlexRayExample.xml that come with the DIAdem installation.  However, I cannot perform the conversion programmatically.  It seems that the dialog resets something that I cannot do programmatically.  

I am running DIAdem 2021 v20.0.0f8135

Anyone can replicate the issue by following these steps:

1)  Follow the attached screen images to manually use the Bus Log Conversion dialog to perform a bus log conversion of the FlexRayExample.  

2) Run the script below to programmatically perform the same conversion with the same settings.  Use CTRL-SHIFT-C to copy your settings from the dialog to get an equivalent script to run.  

Call BusLogToTDM.Clear()
BusLogToTDM.LogSettings.FileType = eLogFileTypeTdms
Call BusLogToTDM.LogSettings.LogFiles.Add("C:\PROGRAM FILES\NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS\DIADEM 2021\Libr\Data\FlexRayExample.tdms")
BusLogToTDM.BusDbConfig.Name = "FLEXRAY conversion using mode eDbFileIdModeDEFAULT"
BusLogToTDM.BusDbConfig.Description = "FLEXRAY conversion using mode 'eDbFileIdModeDEFAULT'"
Call BusLogToTDM.BusDbConfig.Buses.AddByType("CAN1", 1, eBusTypeFLEXRAY)
Dim oDbFile
Set oDbFile = BusLogToTDM.BusDbConfig.Buses("CAN1").DbFiles.Add("C:\PROGRAM FILES\NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS\DIADEM 2021\Libr\Data\FlexRayExample.xml")
oDbFile.IdMode = eDbFileIdModeDefault
Call oDbFile.Clusters.Add("FlexRay_Cluster")
BusLogToTDM.ResultSettings.ResultFile = "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\bus_log_conversion\FlexRayExample.tdm"
BusLogToTDM.ResultSettings.EnumSubstitution = False
BusLogToTDM.ResultSettings.SequenceChannel = True
BusLogToTDM.ResultSettings.SkipFirstFrames = False
BusLogToTDM.ResultSettings.NumberOfSkippedFrames = 0
BusLogToTDM.ResultSettings.TimeFilter.Active = False
BusLogToTDM.ResultSettings.BusFilter.Active = False
Call BusLogToTDM.Convert()

The following error will occur:

1 Bus Log Converter note: Started converting the following logfile: C:\PROGRAM FILES\NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS\DIADEM 2021\Libr\Data\FlexRayExample.tdms
2 Bus Log Converter warning: TDMS channels cannot be assigned to a signal description. All files in the configuration are used:XNET_Example_Group/XNET_Test_Channel
Bus Log Converter error: Cannot open the signal description database: C:\PROGRAM FILES\NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS\DIADEM 2021\Libr\Data\FlexRayExample.xml

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(715 Views)