cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD-R sample exam question19

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I doubt the answer to the question 19 which is C. There is no bd of calculation vi. 

bharathp10_0-1616469038414.png

Thanks

bp
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,953 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bharathp10

You are looking at Calculation.vi.  It is using recursion.  So end the end, you have 4*3*2*1 = 24.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 7
(3,903 Views)

Hi crossrulz,

Thanks for the feedback.

The BD is of  the calculation.vi 🙂  that was tricky.

But in that case it is mentioned as reentrant which means it should have different  instance on each recursive call right ? also its not specified if its a shared clone or not

bp
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,899 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bharathp10

@bharathp10 wrote:

But in that case it is mentioned as reentrant which means it should have different  instance on each recursive call right ? also its not specified if its a shared clone or not

A couple of issues with this question:

1. This is a really old way of doing recursion.  Sometime in the last 15 years (taking too long to figure when), you can just call the VI directly (don't have to use VI Server).

2. The VI will need to use Shared Clone reentrancy.

3. The example CRD-R has not been updated for a very long time.

4. The example exams are typically rejected questions.  So the actual exam is hopefully better.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,890 Views)

Yes it is based on 2009 LV version I think.

bp
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,885 Views)

HugoPaul_0-1617985007257.png

In the German version this question is much more difficult. The text don't contains the name of VI: "Calculation.vi".  I can not see, that here is a recursion.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,799 Views)

This is one part funny, two parts sad:

4. The example exams are typically rejected questions.  So the actual exam is hopefully better.

I would not have gotten that question right, but I would not lose any sleep over it either.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,714 Views)