Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATM CLD Practice Exam Example

Hello,

I am trying a somehow different architecture from what I am used to with the CLD ATM practice exam and I would appreciate any feedback. I am still hesitant about the "double queued message".

I'll appreciate your comments.

Regards.

Javier Ruiz - Partner at JKI
jki.net
vipm.io
Message 1 of 13
(10,155 Views)

I think you did a very good job. If you can do this in four hours then we may as well welcome you to the club right now.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 2 of 13
(10,128 Views)

Thank you Steve. Hopefully I can complete the test in 4 hours.

jki.net
vipm.io
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(10,113 Views)

@jarcTek wrote:

Hello,

I am trying a somehow different architecture from what I am used to with the CLD ATM practice exam and I would appreciate any feedback. I am still hesitant about the "double queued message".

Regards.

With the exception of the overwithdrawl (withdrawal more than you have- watch it all timeout)  You did an excellent job!  I would give it a pass!  Very good work and nicely commented where you should speak to the customer about uncertainties!

If you did that in anywhere near 4 hours- I would be proud to be your co-CLD. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 13
(10,105 Views)

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

@jarcTek wrote:

Hello,

Regards.

With the exception of the overwithdrawl (withdrawal more than you have- watch it all timeout)  You did an excellent job!  I would give it a pass!  Very good work and nicely commented where you should speak to the customer about uncertainties!

Thank you Jeff.

What do you think about the enqueueing of a Command Cluster within the variant portion of another Command Cluster like I did for updating the ATM message?

jki.net
vipm.io
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(10,102 Views)

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

@jarcTek wrote:

Hello,

Regards.

I did not notice the overwithdrawal timeout issue until now. I guess I did not have time to test that case within the time limit.

jki.net
vipm.io
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(10,100 Views)

I got the ATM in CLD Exam.

I think the code you posted is very good, but it is simply too much for CLD.

Don't try to create super-special-awesome architectures, instead use simple ones, e.g. I just used a statemachine which fullfills all the needs of the ATM. Keep in mind you only have four hours and with some exams you have lots of text to implement. More complex architectures are more difficulte do debug and there is not really time to debug.

So keep it simple!

Christian

Message 7 of 13
(10,078 Views)

@Christian_M wrote:

I got the ATM in CLD Exam.

I think the code you posted is very good, but it is simply too much for CLD.

Don't try to create super-special-awesome architectures, instead use simple ones, e.g. I just used a statemachine which fullfills all the needs of the ATM. Keep in mind you only have four hours and with some exams you have lots of text to implement. More complex architectures are more difficulte do debug and there is not really time to debug.

So keep it simple!

Christian

Thank you Christian. Just yesterday I reworked this example using a simple state machine. Unlike with the architecture I posted here, with the simple state machine I had plenty of time to debug and test. So, you are probably right about keeping it simple. I guess I need to remember that the the CLD is a test and not a product to deliver to a client.

jki.net
vipm.io
Message 8 of 13
(10,075 Views)
One of the requirements IS "In four hours."
How to do it within the time constraint rather than the best way I knew. cost me a retry on the CLD When I drew that exam. BUT, knowing your design pattern will help. why is one better for a given requirement? Why is another less suitable? trying each will teach!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(10,062 Views)

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:
One of the requirements IS "In four hours."
How to do it within the time constraint rather than the best way I knew. cost me a retry on the CLD When I drew that exam. BUT, knowing your design pattern will help. why is one better for a given requirement? Why is another less suitable? trying each will teach!

Is it possible that you expand a little on your first CLD experience? I mean, you completed the application, it worked, ,but you did not pass?

jki.net
vipm.io
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(10,051 Views)