From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Certification

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD Today!

I'm taking the CLD this afternoon.  Wish me luck.  I looked over the examples and didn't find too much trouble with them so hopefullyt hat means I'm prepared enough.  Getting a little nervous over here.  I always do before an exam, but overall I'm a good test taker, lol. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,869 Views)

Best of luck!

Post back in a few weeks and let us know how you did 🙂

Mallori

Mallori M
National Instruments
Sr Group Manager, Education Services

ni.com/training
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,865 Views)

Thanks I definitely will let everyone know.  Hopefully it's not a disappointing result. I have yet to fail any sort of certification exam though!

Message 3 of 6
(6,859 Views)

Well I took the exam yesterday and it was quite a bit harder than I thought.  The program itself isn't the hard part - it's the time constraint.  Not much as changed for me since college as far as programming exams go.  I always ran out of time then and I didn't quite have enough time yesterday.

Overall the basic functionality and program flow was there and correct, but I didn't have time to debug some issues and finish the last couple states.  I then had to rush some documentation and commenting...

Hopefully it's enough to pass. *crosses fingers*

I'd say practicing speed over anything is the most important part - odds are if you have done any decent programming you know how to do it - just need to make sure you can do it fast enough.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,840 Views)

Don't worry too much on not doing "everything", my solution was not fully functionnal but I lost only a few points

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,822 Views)

Thanks, that's definitely good to know and a little bit of a relief although I won't find out my results for a while.  I'm hoping that they see what I was trying to do and take into account that I knew what I was doing but ran out of time.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,816 Views)