cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is Hooovahh

@Ray.R wrote:
Spoiler
there's such a thing???  😮

Of course, I've witnessed many jokes in my time.  I'm pretty sure that humour is a universal good...

That's what you meant, right?  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 460
(31,992 Views)

of course.. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 460
(31,961 Views)

Manager: "This is Hooovahh he is our in house LabVIEW guru."

Me: "I actually don't like using the term 'guru', I actually perfer LabVIEW Overlord.  It really strikes fear in the LabVIEW peasants."

Message 23 of 460
(31,825 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Me: "I actually don't like using the term 'guru', I actually perfer LabVIEW Overlord.  It really strikes fear in the LabVIEW peasants."

At my previous company there was a guy who's then fiance called him an "Excel guzu".  So we used that as an inside joke for a long time.

Last month I was wearing my CLA shirt to a meeting for some software I wrote and one of the guys came in and said "Oh, you work for LabVIEW".  "No, I work WITH LabVIEW.  It is my language of choice."

I really like "Overlord".  For me at this time, there's a "senior engineer" would be be considered the overlord.  Maybe I could be a count?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 460
(31,814 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Well you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword certificate at you!

Come and see the violence inherent in the system! HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed!

Josh
Software is never really finished, it's just an acceptable level of broken
Message 25 of 460
(31,799 Views)

@JW-L3CE wrote:

@Hooovahh wrote:

Well you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword certificate at you!

Come and see the violence inherent in the system! HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed!

Kudos just for the Monty Python paraphrasing.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 26 of 460
(31,815 Views)
This is an ni forum. Are we even allowed to use that offensive py word?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 27 of 460
(31,772 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Last month I was wearing my CLA shirt to a meeting for some software I wrote and one of the guys came in and said "Oh, you work for LabVIEW".  "No, I work WITH LabVIEW.  It is my language of choice."

LabVIEW works for you.

Message 28 of 460
(31,757 Views)

Just had my doctor nearly ROTFL

Doc: What's your job?

Me: Mouse-poker! (as a translation of the German word Mausschubser)

Followed by a 10min explanation how I program my gages and what LabVIEW is...

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 29 of 460
(31,722 Views)

@Henrik_Volkers wrote:

Just had my doctor nearly ROTFL

Doc: What's your job?

Me: Mouse-poker! (as a translation of the German word Mausschubser)

Followed by a 10min explanation how I program my gages and what LabVIEW is...

Heh. So if I understand that right, would that make everyone else Board-Tappers? Except it's not as strange and amusing as Mouse-poker.

Ok, I know this is off topic, but I love that sig quote "“ground” is a convenient fantasy". Kudos for that alone.

Josh
Software is never really finished, it's just an acceptable level of broken
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 460
(31,706 Views)