BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rube Goldberg Code

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Those label arrows work nice for that. Place them outside all the structures, and point the label arrows inside. Double click the line of the arrow to go to the code. That works nicely as bookmarks (but faster than actual bookmarks).

I actually did this a few times. Works wonders in state machines. But I usually delete them when moving to the next issue.

Don't tell that to whoever needs tricks like this, it might be misinterpreted as encouragement.

Now I want a bigger block diagram so I can use this... that's pretty cool 🙂

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2131 of 2,565
(10,762 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:
Coloring the diagrams should work really well combined with the navigation window. 

Except that the navigation window cannot deal with this particular code. It takes forever to open and then the navigation windows is wrapped around and the grey area is wrong.

altenbach_1-1575994022439.png

Message 2132 of 2,565
(10,753 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:
Coloring the diagrams should work really well combined with the navigation window. 

Except that the navigation window cannot deal with this particular code. It takes forever to open and then the navigation windows is wrapped around and the grey area is wrong.

That one is particular bad.

That upper right corner looks like an image will appear if you stare at it cross-eyed.

Message 2133 of 2,565
(10,711 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

That upper right corner looks like an image will appear if you stare at it cross-eyed.

Hahaha, it looks like it was programmed by a chip designer.

Message 2134 of 2,565
(10,669 Views)

@deceased wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Hahaha, it looks like it was programmed by a chip designer.

LOL I had to see what you meant because I had no idea what to expect.  All I can say is that you hit the nail right on the head there.  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2135 of 2,565
(10,654 Views)

(seen here)

Well, why can't we just wire a FALSE to all termination condition of many loops running in parallel, if we can use that magic special loop:

altenbach_0-1577216182499.png

<sarcasm> Such an important loop of course deserves 100% attention of a dedicated CPU core <\sarcasm>

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT, PLEASE READ

No, I am NOT recommending this ever! It is bad, bad, bad! I am sure there is a fraction of users that will copy that code claiming altenbach recommended it in the forum. No, I did not! Don't use it! This is the Rube Goldberg thread!

Message 2136 of 2,565
(10,611 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

(seen here)

Well, why can't we just wire a FALSE to all termination condition of many loops running in parallel, if we can use that magic special loop:

altenbach_0-1577216182499.png

<sarcasm> Such an important loop of course deserves 100% attention of a dedicated CPU core <\sarcasm>

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT, PLEASE READ

No, I am NOT recommending this ever! It is bad, bad, bad! I am sure there is a fraction of users that will copy that code claiming altenbach recommended it in the forum. No, I did not! Don't use it! This is the Rube Goldberg thread!

just name the timed loops,,,,,, you know you can stop timed loops by name right?  

typing with only one hand stinks

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2137 of 2,565
(10,565 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

just name the timed loops,,,,,, you know you can stop timed loops by name right?  

Yes, of course, but I doubt that using timed loops will significantly improve that particular code. 😄 It's beyond repair.

0 Kudos
Message 2138 of 2,565
(10,515 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

Yes, of course, but I doubt that using timed loops will significantly improve that particular code. 😄 It's beyond repair.

That's all way to complex.

Spoiler
Stop VI.PNG
Message 2139 of 2,565
(10,473 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

That's all way to complex.

Stop VI.PNG

No accompanying announcement, so guess I'm safe to repost/link to this and state that Wiebe recommended in the forum?

GCentral
Message 2140 of 2,565
(10,450 Views)