BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAdam 2000a Digital Audio Analyzer System

@crossrulz wrote:

James-B wrote:Also, I see that there's absolutely no love for "benchtop" instruments in the LabVIEW forums!  😛

That's because NI makes all of our instruments modular.Smiley Tongue

Seriously, there are certain instruments I have to have as a "benchtop".  Oscilloscope is the main one.  I know NI has their digitzing cards, but they are a pain to perform debugging with.  That's why I have a tektronix scope sitting in all of my test racks.  Nothing like a full instrument with knobs and buttons to play with when the pressure is on.

Tek scopes?

OK they are wonderful- but seriously?   NI-Scope- is not supported by TEK.  yet,  "Same Day Display" is a feature rserved for another company (Keylight?)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(4,565 Views)

If you still are looking.

Retired 2005-repair shop.

I own a 2000A and have a small amount of "moldy" info that I can copy and send at no charge.

Message 12 of 13
(1,929 Views)

@James-B wrote:

Hey all,

Thanks guys

-Jim

This is what it looks like currently:

WP_20140208_005.jpg

Ohhh!

A working nixie tube display. Nice!

I still prefer the old-school physical knobs to the menu drop-down labrynth of modern scopes.

The title of this thread caught my attention since I developed one of those about 3 years ago but of course mine looked different. 

Digital audio analyzer.jpg

It used one of every type of modular instrument that NI sells save a DMM.

De-muxing the left and right channel of a stereo digital microphone was a bit challenging and I was hoping to learn of how others had cracked that nut.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,893 Views)