BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's confirmed.. 2012 is the end of the world...

The official website of the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes

International Mass and Chapelet en français - Rosario - Rosary - Rozenkransgebed - Rosenkranzgebet
http://www.lourdes-radio.com/player_live/player_live_en/player-token_en.php

0 Kudos
Message 61 of 229
(8,768 Views)

Sanctuary de Pike National Forest.  Open 24/7.

Stupid amp glow ruining my pictures.  And apparently i've got dust on the sensor too. 😕

Hayman fire that burned the area was 10 years ago this june.

Message 62 of 229
(8,763 Views)

The first pic is amazing..  Beautiful view.

Wonder if I could drive the Roadster up there...  😄

0 Kudos
Message 63 of 229
(8,697 Views)

Probably. Can frequently drive into places you can't drive back out of! A guy at the International Jeep Renezvous in Moab, Utah a couple of years ago drove his Jeep up on top of a pinnacle, ended up having to spend A LOT OF MONEY, to have a helo airlift it out (he couldn't abandon it, it was a National Park and the fines would have been worse). A better idea would be to drive your toy close to there, then rent a mule, or more suitable transportation for the final leg!

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 64 of 229
(8,688 Views)

Pretty easy on a dirt bike! Smiley Happy

You could probably get up where I took the pic pretty easy in a jeep.  It's a little intimidating at the bottom, and there's no "parking area" so the non-plated dirt bikes/kwads never go up there.  I think it may connect to some other dirt trails a few miles back... warrants further investigation at a later date. Smiley Wink

That's Pike's Peak in the background; 14,115 ft.  Paved most of the way right now, enviro-nuts are pushing to get it paved all the way to the top.  Sometime this summer I'll head up there on the dirtmobile and get some pics from the top.

Street-legal dirt bike = ultimate all-terrain zombie apocalypse vehicle.

0 Kudos
Message 65 of 229
(8,682 Views)

Ray's roadster would not be the optimum vehicle for that drive, to low slung, built for speed and cornering, not climbing over the stray boulder.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 66 of 229
(8,658 Views)

Well, if I didn't care about keeping the body in good shape, it could probably make it.  But with many scrapes and bruises... 

I'd love to take it along the Pacific Hwy that you described to me.  Heck, it's in the bucket list, now.

Well, if I'm bringing up the topic of Bucket Lists, why not try that route with three different convertibles:  the M-Roadster, the M6 & the M3..  Vermont has some nice hills with roads heading into Maine where you can get some exhilirating views, and nice curves... 😄

0 Kudos
Message 67 of 229
(8,618 Views)

@Ray.R wrote:

... the bucket list...

When you are married to a Doomsday Prepper like The Princess, the term "Bucket List" means her inventory of what to find in each of her 5 gallon buckets she is using for storage.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 68 of 229
(8,598 Views)

@Ben wrote:
[...] a Doomsday Prepper [...] 

I raise chickens and get almost two dozen eggs every day.  We've been giving away what we can't eat, but I'm planning to start selling them (to cover the cost of chicken feed).  I've recently begun thinking of making powdered eggs because, I've read, that vacuum-packed powdered eggs can last up to TEN YEARS.  I'll be ready 🙂

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 69 of 229
(8,595 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

@Ben wrote:
[...] a Doomsday Prepper [...] 

I raise chickens and get almost two dozen eggs every day.  We've been giving away what we can't eat, but I'm planning to start selling them (to cover the cost of chicken feed).  I've recently begun thinking of making powdered eggs because, I've read, that vacuum-packed powdered eggs can last up to TEN YEARS.  I'll be ready 🙂

I can't confirm how long they last but I can confirm The Princess has a shelf with powered eggs.

I also learned from Doomsday Preppers that eggs will keep about 9 months if you coat them with mineral oil. The character I learned it from (one of my favorites from Doomsday Preppers) said "When the end of the world comes, I'll be the only one still standing who can stand to loose 100 lbs."

I am going to have to check to see if I am zoned for chickens.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 70 of 229
(8,591 Views)