BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Message

I was really hoping these posting would not count in our totals.

As far a Dennis and over-taking....

My goal for years has been to make sure Dennis does not doulde the count of the next highest.

Every day I delay that event is an accomplishment. I am scheduled to fail at that goal soon.

No matter, my next goal will be to try to delay him tripling my count.

I am hoping Altenbach will take over that task some day.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 11 of 38
(8,814 Views)

tst wrote : Not that I mind, but speaking of the list, this board will probably cause the numbers on that list to go completely haywire and render it somewhat inaccurate (Ben, maybe you can overtake Dennis???).

@Ben wrote:
I was really hoping these posting would not count in our totals.<

Wrong !
The new List makes the difference between chat and replies. So don't feel guilty, and enjoy our new playground with serenity...

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 12 of 38
(8,810 Views)
Thank you CC.

Did you sense I was starting to feel guilty for yapping?

It did not seem right posting a lot of bull when others are trying to answer Q's.

On a related note:

Does it seem like there are less questions being posted to anyone else?

There used to be a pile left over on the week-ends and recently I have having a hard time finding Q's that have not already been answered.

The other possibilty is that Y'all are getting so good that I will have to start doing research to find the answers to the Q's that get left behind.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 38
(8,814 Views)
Since the social side of things has moved here, I'd like to comment on this weeks version.

There are things happening at the top.

Altenbach has moved into forth place nad has started his approach on Mt Greg.

Al S is on the cusp of busting throught the 1K mark so we should keep an eye on that count.

Ben
Message 14 of 38
(8,814 Views)

@Ben wrote:

"A Wack on the Side of the Head, A Guide to Creative Thinking" (Sorry I can not recall the author's name, but whoever they are, I highly recommend reading their book)

The author is Roger von Oech. It is a great book. "Problem Solving" techniques is perhap my favorite subjects and I've being into it since I was in mid school. Some other authors I like are Edward de Bono, Russell Ackoff and the great mathematician Martin Gardner.

Enrique
www.vartortech.com
Message 15 of 38
(8,917 Views)
Well, Ben, we see that the new list excludes this board and the feedback board, which is a bit of a shame, because there is some good, important, serious stuff there. But I know why CC did this - I see right through him - he's disgruntled (just teaching him some english) and trying to keep JLV and tst from catching up to him, the frenchy coward, like that french guard in "the holy grail". He sits high in his castle and tries to insult us. this can be best demonstrated by his classy hello world program.
Without those posts, poor JLV has even less posts than me...
But this won't last long. The days of CC's dominance are numbered. We shall prevail.

If nothing else maybe my vocabulary will improve...

My wife once asked

"If a un-happy employee is disgruntled, then is a happy employee gruntled?"

Ben
Message 17 of 38
(8,821 Views)

@tst wrote:
Well, Ben, we see that the new list excludes this board and the feedback board, which is a bit of a shame, because there is some good, important, serious stuff there. But I know why CC did this - I see right through him - he's disgruntled (just teaching him some english) and trying to keep JLV and tst from catching up to him, the frenchy coward, like that french guard in "the holy grail". He sits high in his castle and tries to insult us. this can be best demonstrated by his classy hello world program.
Without those posts, poor JLV has even less posts than me...
But this won't last long. The days of CC's dominance are numbered. We shall prevail.

Hi tst !
I felt some disgruntation in your last post. That's probably some misunderstanding between us. I'm sincerely sorry. When I wrote that JLV and you were ugly ducks, I believed that you knew about the story. That was a compliment. Of course, as soon as you will pass over the humble frog, you will surely turn into something different from your present undefined physical structure. I hope that you'll feel better and less agressive...
I don't like the word "coward". I'm not sure about its meaning. I know "cowboy" but not "cow ard". Is that something like "impetuous like a cow" ? You should not remind me of that ancient and lamentable competition with an ox...

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 18 of 38
(8,816 Views)
Assuming you're talking about the book about Shakespeare, I don't know enough english to discuss that.
I'm afraid you've also misunderstood me. I meant to say that you are like the well known english singer, Noel Coward, of Monty Python's "the not Noel Coward song" fame (look it up to see how it's related here).
Your excuses won't help you, you won't get away - we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight in the landing grounds, we shall never surrender and you will go down.

Hey..

I may have yapped more than Ben ...

But CC only yapped 48 times?? No way... It's gatta be more than that..

I agree tst, he wants to prevent us from passing him.. 😉

😄
Message 20 of 38
(8,746 Views)