BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Board

Duplicate.
You should not abuse this thread. It's meant as a repository for links.

Hi all,

Thanks Ian F K for introducing me to here.
I have a problem, I  want to use LV  to read strings from a specified cell (specified row and column of a excel).
How can I do this ?

Thanks a lot !

Message 22 of 91
(23,365 Views)

I'm sorry Awen but you will have to post this question in the Labview or appropriate forum. This board shall only be used to link to a discussion thread or to post VI's that already do a specific task.

Also if you look on this board there are many examples and even some toolkits to get you started. Your question has been answered many times and if you have a look around here and in the examples that ship with LV you should be able to find it. Post back when you have created a thread for this topic and give us a link to the thread.

Thanks

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 91
(23,352 Views)

I justed posted a message with 3 vis related to finding the end of existing data in an Excel worksheet.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=217811&view=by_date_ascending&page=2

I also included an Excel tip about how to eliminate conversion to A1 notation.

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
Message 24 of 91
(23,269 Views)
In this thread Mike Porter gives some good info on using datbase connectivity with excel and some advice on Active excel versions.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 25 of 91
(23,111 Views)

In reply #6 of this thread on LAVA there is code that shows how to access Excel forms (things like check box).

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 26 of 91
(22,752 Views)

Hi joe_h,

I am using Excel in my application want to keep one Excel as ideal ..I.e. each time when application will open All I/p will come from that ideal excel sheet

so what I am doing is I am copying that ideal excel sheet in another sheet(dummy) and then using that dummy sheet m running my application.

But problem is each time I run VI to copy excel,it does not overwrite on same sheet,but creates new sheet.and application becomes slow. I am attaching VI with this ..Please give me solution on this.

Thank you

GAK

AttachmentExcel copy.vi (34 kb)

Kudos!
Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
Message 27 of 91
(20,427 Views)

I'm sorry GAK but you will have to post this question in the Labview or appropriate forum. This board shall only be used to link to a discussion thread or to post VI's that already do a specific task.

Thanks

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Message 28 of 91
(20,424 Views)

I have recently put together a library who's sole purpose is to store datr from a test sequence into excel.  It can be found in this thread.  If possible i would like people to look over it to help flag up any instances of code which could be shortened or done in another way that might limit potential problems.  Some work as been done to it tince the library was posted, but it still functions much the same.

Thank you.

Never say "Oops." Always say "Ah, interesting!"

Message 29 of 91
(19,984 Views)
can i put image or graph to excel ?
Message 30 of 91
(19,567 Views)