BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you a member of another Forum?

Hi! I started my Internship a couple of months ago and used this forum a lot. It was really helpful with all the already opened posts and the ones I made received helpful answers.

This is a fast way to learn things and I wonder if you use other forums. This is for National Instruments Products but I wonder if you use any other forum for Electronics, Mechanics or something alike. (Aside from LAVA)

Regards.

=======
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@LV_Lab

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,637 Views)

I contribute to Mainstream Preppers with updates of my prepping related work. Machining steam engines, growing food, water, orchards, guns, etc.

Probably not what you were looking to learn but that never stops me.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 7
(6,599 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I contribute to Mainstream Preppers [...]

Now I'm on ANOTHER list!. 😄

ben.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 3 of 7
(6,571 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

@Ben wrote:

I contribute to Mainstream Preppers [...]

Now I'm on ANOTHER list!. 😄

I guess they are not as "mainstream" as we thought 😮

(I assume you get this at work behind a content filtering firewall appliance or similar)

I am on some other forums that have nothing to do with programming (even have been a moderator for 17+ years on one), but I typically use usernames that are obscure. If you find my last name elsewhere, it's probably not me. 😄

Message 4 of 7
(6,550 Views)

@altenbach wrote:
If you find my last name elsewhere, it's probably not me. 😄

In contrast if you find Hooovahh on the internet there is a very good chance it is me.  I did a quick Google search and I think there is only the Hooovahh on Instagram is not me.  There's also several things I know I contributed to online in earlier days that Google no longer has a record of.  This is good, and bad, but mostly good.

Message 5 of 7
(6,481 Views)

@AldhairGarza wrote:

Hi! I started my Internship a couple of months ago and used this forum a lot. It was really helpful with all the already opened posts and the ones I made received helpful answers.

This is a fast way to learn things and I wonder if you use other forums. This is for National Instruments Products but I wonder if you use any other forum for Electronics, Mechanics or something alike. (Aside from LAVA)

Agree that forums (with good communities) are awesome. They were my main avenue for establishing my software skills.

While these aren't forums per se, the StackExchange network has communities around the topics you mentioned (but they're mostly not NI-specific):

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 6 of 7
(6,417 Views)
There's also a LabVIEW subreddit if you're a redditor: https://www.reddit.com/r/LabVIEW/

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 7 of 7
(6,247 Views)