BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions?

This is probably for the feedback forum but here you go.

From the Quick Introduction to the Forums for New Users:

• Accepted Solutions: If you reply to a question with what the original poster believes is the solution to his or her problem, then your post might be flagged as an Accepted Solution.  This will mark your reply with a green border, indicating that it was the key to a working resolution.  Like Kudos, accepted solutions are visible to all – so, the more you have, the more trusted you will be!

I am not able to see anyone's accepted solution count other than my own.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,801 Views)

That is as it always has been.  I think the point is the individual solutions are visible to everyone, the count is not (easily).  I have counted them up in the past, just for the heck of it.

I tend to like it this way, it is not really that telling of a statistic (IMO).  Kudos tend to express a group opinion on the quality of a post, accepted solutions express only the OPs opinion and includes the possibility of self-selection.  If it became too quantitative, it would open the door to the ever-enjoyable squabbles over which one is the *real* solution.  As it stands now, if you have a mental note of seeing a lot of green associated with a given user, that is probably as valuable as knowing this person has X solutions.  Next we'd have Solution cherry-pickers, I'd probably stop chit-chatting myself.

In case you are curious, overall I have about a 10% rate (solutions/total posts), and about 1 in 5 of my replies on the LV board are solutions.  Rough approximations now, much harder to get these numbers with the new search interface.  Smiley Mad  I'd guess I land on more of the cherry-picker side although I do find myself responding to fewer low-hanging fruit questions these days even though they are the Kudo and solution gold mines.  When my percentages drop, maybe I'll pick up the pace. 

Shouldn't we just be looking at the middle bar anyway, or is it the left, or maybe the right?

Message 2 of 4
(8,797 Views)
Good points and I don't think I would want it to change. If it did then self solutions should probably not be allowed. Then again sometimes people come to the solution themselves and want to share it so it is a very bad idea not to allow them.

I just thought that there was some setting I couldn't find. I just misinterpreted it.
=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,788 Views)

For get about the bar and drive for the shield. Smiley Wink

I'll share yet another spec for y'all to concider.

I have averaged 2.5 Solutions for every DAY of online activity.

I'm sure most of you can do much better than that. Smiley Happy

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 4
(8,757 Views)