From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Generated Images with Stable Diffusion

So I saw some news stuff about AI generated images.  But once a friend of mine showed me it in action I had to set it up and play around.  The technology is absolutely amazing and has tons of uses.

There are a few ways to set it up.  I first went with the python development method mostly described here.  But there is also a Windows installer with mostly everything you need from here.  You do need an Nvidia GPU with 4GB of VRAM, 8GB is recommended.

But after setting it up oh boy have I been having fun.  There are just so many good and bad ones I don't want to flood this post, but here are a couple of my favorites.

Ron Swanson as Ironman

Ron Swanson as Ironman.png

Ron Swanson as the Terminator

seed_560482_00006.png

Chris Pratt as Captain America

seed_374244_00002.png

Phoenix on an alien planet

Phoenix on an Alien Planet.png

Blue Tesla getting struck by lightning in the city

seed_202704_00000.png

Lighthouse on an alien planet

seed_983978_00009.png

People can also take images and ask the program to change it in interesting ways.  Artists are using this to get ideas of what to make and inspiration.  Game developers are using this for tiling of textures.  You can use this for AI upscaling of images too.  So much cool development around this tech.

Message 1 of 24
(5,211 Views)

I used one of the online ones and asked it for a "LabVIEW block diagram" and it gave me a lot of images that looked like this:

Kyle97330_0-1662496213298.png

Message 2 of 24
(5,178 Views)

I've seen a couple articles today on this subject, and they have some pretty cool uses.  This one talks about a very abstract MSPaint level drawing of Seattle, and then turning it into some kind of alien invasion future.

https://hackaday.com/2022/09/06/stable-diffusion-and-why-it-matters/

https://andys.page/posts/how-to-draw/

And here are a few more from my Napoleon Bonaparte tests.

seed_513493_00004.pngseed_76239_00013 (1).pngseed_691752_00001.png

Message 3 of 24
(5,166 Views)

Diffusion is AWESOME! I'm impressed beyond words by what i've seen!

I've made me a logo for my discord with it. 🙂

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(5,009 Views)

Could someone try "Steve Watts" + "Judge Dredd"? 😁

Steve Watts on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(4,972 Views)

So you can add training information to it, but it gets even more demanding on your PC.  And my computer is just barely good enough to generate images, not additional training data.  Here is a video from a VFX crew that takes images of the employees, and asks the AI to insert them into scenes to a story.

https://youtu.be/W4Mcuh38wyM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(4,959 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

And my computer is just barely good enough to generate images, not additional training data.

Never mind I upgraded my computer.  I wanted to make a better Linkedin profile picture, since I've hated mine for years.  So I trained the AI on Google Colab with 20 pictures of my face.  Then I took that back into my computer running AI generating code locally.  The result is my new Linkedin profile picture.

00008.jpg

This office isn't real, the suit isn't real, and I'm not real.

Message 7 of 24
(4,715 Views)

Hooovahh:

Shall we address you as 'Mr. Anderson'?

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(4,699 Views)

More like "I am the Architect"

00002-541734190-Head of a Real___.png

(I didn't want to waste too much time on this one. I could have made it better.  I probably spent 3 hours or so on my Linkedin profile picture over the weekend.  This took about 10 minutes.)

Message 9 of 24
(4,686 Views)

Stable Diffusion is so silly good it's close to scary!

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(4,598 Views)