From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

kl3m3n's blog

Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real-time face and eye detection in LabView using OpenCV Harr feature classifier

Klemen
Active Participant

(check out this link: https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n/2014/09/05/point-cloud-library-pcl-and-open-computer-vis...)

Hello,

I have been playing around with the face and eye detection algorithms in OpenCV and have again made a dll library, which can be called in Labview to perform face and eye tracking in real time (on my computer I achieve an average detection time of ~50 ms per loop, which equals ~20 fps using a webcamera with VGA resolution).

The algorithm first detects the faces in a live camera stream and then detects the eyes inside the "detected faces" regions of interest. The algorithm is based on Haar cascade classifier with OpenCV's default training samples.

I am attaching the dll and the source code along with the LabView sample code saved for LV2010. The dll was built using VS2010x86 and OpenCV 2.4.6.

I hope this helps someone in their project.

Be creative.

Best regards,

K

P.S.: Be careful to synchronize the path to the classifier files (can be seen in the source code). The LV algorithm tells you, if the classifiers are not loaded correctly.

P.P.S.: The .dll included detects only one face that corresponds to the biggest object in the scene. If you want multiple face detection, you need remove "CV_HAAR_FIND_BIGGEST_OBJECT" in the source code and rebuild the .dll. Or if you have any problems doing this, leave a comment and I will post the multi-face detection .dll.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
Comments