SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Signal express save averaged data to LVM / Ascii / UFF file

Hello,

I am acquiring impact datausing NI sound and vibration and NI cRIO 9233. I am averaging the data over 10 hits and saving it to Ascii, LVM files. When I open the file in excel I see 12500 readings. The frequency resolution is 1.25Hz and range is 0 - 1562.5Hz that gives me 1250 divisions, which means its storing each of them separately. Why is it doing so and not storing the averaged data?

Also could I possibly set a condition where the data is accepted by the software only if the hit is good and I want to accept it. May be like a condition where I could accept that data by clicking a push button?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,606 Views)

Attached is my acquisition template and also the data in ascii format. I collected data for 10 averages but the set is showing data for 11 averages or sets of 1250 each. Could someone please help me out.

I need to get this going as soon as possible as I want to transfer data from Sound and Vibration assistant to another software.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,603 Views)
FRFdata captured using the above setup - in LMV format
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,602 Views)

Hey StuMtu,

You can average the values before you save to the LVM file by adding a Statistics step (New Step>Analysis>Time-Domain Measurements>Statistics).  Once you've added this step, configure the input and then click on the Configuration and Results tab and check Mean.  This will average out your data.  

You can use the Limit Test step (Add step>Analysis>Test and Compare>Limit Test) to isolate the upper/lower data and then write that to a file to log only certain data.

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,579 Views)