SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I go to playback and there are two SE icons in Task Manager?

I'm having several problems after upgrading to SE 3.0. 

1.  Whenever I need to close SE in the Task manager, there are two SE icons under the Applications tab, is this normal?

2. I had a previous SE installed which was purchased with a USB DAQ device, no more than one year ago.  This error came from one of the old project, that used to work.  The error occurs while trying to RECORD  a waveform using SIGNAL TRIGGER.  Using DAQmx acquire and Configured for N SAMPLES, the program locks up showing "Recording" in the PROJECT window.  If I look at the log file, it continously logs, instead of stopping at my 1 s duration.  This problem resolves when I setup the acquired signal for CONTINUOUS SAMPLES, but it used to work before I upgraded the software.  (The software may have been the same version - it was only 1 year old.)

3.  Using a project with at least one logged file, SE locks up when I atttemp to go to the PLAYBACK mode.  No error message, just an hour glass and PLAYBACK highlighted.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,553 Views)

Scott M,

1)  In task manager there are two Signal Express icons one should be LabVIEW (more square) and one Signal Express (more round).  I am not sure why you are closing signal express via task manager, but if you have to then this is what you are expected to see.

2) When you have N samples set it will take (Samples to Read / Rate) seconds to complete the task.  It will then close after completeing that but it will not close mid task.  Continous however will simply stop at the time limit you specify.

3)  Is it any logged file?  How long have you waited?  Is this a new pc?  Can you post screenshots?  

Sincerely,
Jason Daming
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,546 Views)