LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I input column headers in an Excel report with variable width columns?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi:

I have read this question before but I can´t open the link, when I try to download the solution I get the following : HTTP Status 404 The requested resource is not available.

Can anyone help me with the solution ? I just want to put a header for each column (thermocouple 1, thermocouple 2, anemometer , etc).

In advance, thanks for all your help !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,589 Views)

There is a Problem with Attachments.

How are you working with Excel now?  Are you using the Report Generation Toolkit, ActiveX commands, or just creating a text file with Write to Spreadsheet File that is being imported into Excel?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,580 Views)

Hi Ravens, first forgive me, I'm not very familiar with the forum. Im just creating a text file with Write to Spreadsheet File that is being imported into Excel.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,576 Views)

You can use the Write to Spreadsheet File set for strings.  Write an array of strings into the 1-D input where each element is a header to one of your columns.  Wire that to another Write to Spreadsheet File for you data (with append mode set to True.)

You can't change column widths.  Write to Spreadsheet File has nothing to do with Excel.  It just outputs a text file that is formatted in a way that Excel can import.  The text file won't contain anything that deals with the formatting features of a spreadsheet such as column width.  You need to do that in Excel.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,574 Views)

Im trying but i can´t I dont understand exactly how I have to wire one Write to Spreadsheet File with another Write to Spreadsheet File. 😞

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,571 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Jesús Hernández
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,568 Views)

thanks for your help Raven.

Other question, do u know  how make this action using ActiveX commands? Please !

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,563 Views)

Search the example finder for Excel and also ActiveX.

Also look through all the links that are posted in the Excel Board.  (Don't post questions there, it is a collection of links to other threads discussing excel.)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,558 Views)

Thanks for all your help Ravens.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,555 Views)