LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing LV project with Bookmark Manager open creates infinite loop with dialog

LV2013 SP1

Working in a project, I open the Bookmark Manager. Closing the project with the Bookmark Manager open returns a dialog stating "LabVIEW cannot locate the specified application instance" as per attached. Closing this dialog spawns another one, ad infinitum, forcing you to kill the process to exit.

Will try to recreate.

bookmark1.png

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,150 Views)

Think it's definitely the Bookmark Manager, but it has to do with closing the project whilst the Bookmark Manager is trying to populate a list of bookmarks.

I can recreate this by closing the project immediately after launching the Bookmark Manager, which takes a while to populate. I guess I must have timed closing the project whilst it refreshed the list.

The project is pretty big (several thousand VIs) and quite a few bookmarks, and I know it takes a while for the Bookmark Manager to periodically refresh the bookmark list (after all, it cycles through every reference owned by the project and checks descriptions, labels and notes!).

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,147 Views)

Dear Thoult

I tried to replicate your issue using LV 2015 SP1 and a somewhat smaller project (only a few hundred VIs), but I couln't verify the behaviour.

Since the 2013 version some bug fixes came out, solving the following issues and maybe fixed that behaviour on the way:

- improving the time the bookmark manager takes to populate the list

- closing the Bookmark manager, when the last VI closes

So before we can ask for a bug-fix, we have to replicate your problem with the newest LV version.

Andreas Jost

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Andreas
CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,095 Views)