From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array delete element

Solved!
Go to solution

I"m having trouble on a array problem. I'm able to do the basic kinds of functionalities such as show how many elements in the array, inserting it (hopefully I did it correctly) and as well as sorting the random numbers in ascending order.

Now, I'm hoping to find a way on how to delete the 4th and 5th element of the array, and then displaying the portion that was deleted and showing the final result of the array.

I was tinkering with the "Delete From Array" array structure and tried to use it, I even looked up the documentation and tried to connect the wires, but I can't seem to get this to work?

Attached is what I have now

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,965 Views)

If you are having problems with delete from array, then please post a VI where you actually used it and tell us where you are having problems.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,963 Views)

Hey LabVIEW321,

Here's a simple illustration on how to use it.

If anything is unclear, then please let us know.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 3 of 8
(2,961 Views)

@ThiCop

Thanks for the helpul example. So in my problem how I would make the element to delete the specific element 4 and 5. It seems in your example, there is a control that you tied it to the index of the delete from array structure.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,956 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LABVIEW321

Hello LabVIEW321,

Here's the adapted example.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 5 of 8
(2,953 Views)

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

Message 6 of 8
(2,950 Views)

WOW! Awesome, I think I'm understanding it a bit better. One option I don't get is when I use the array subset structure, and apply it on the same example you get, I get one number I believe. Is that correct, I'm not really sure how that works,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,949 Views)

@

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,946 Views)