LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array delete element

Solved!
Go to solution

I"m having trouble on a array problem. I'm able to do the basic kinds of functionalities such as show how many elements in the array, inserting it (hopefully I did it correctly) and as well as sorting the random numbers in ascending order.

Now, I'm hoping to find a way on how to delete the 4th and 5th element of the array, and then displaying the portion that was deleted and showing the final result of the array.

I was tinkering with the "Delete From Array" array structure and tried to use it, I even looked up the documentation and tried to connect the wires, but I can't seem to get this to work?

Attached is what I have now

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,917 Views)

If you are having problems with delete from array, then please post a VI where you actually used it and tell us where you are having problems.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,915 Views)

Hey LabVIEW321,

Here's a simple illustration on how to use it.

If anything is unclear, then please let us know.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 3 of 8
(2,913 Views)

@ThiCop

Thanks for the helpul example. So in my problem how I would make the element to delete the specific element 4 and 5. It seems in your example, there is a control that you tied it to the index of the delete from array structure.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,908 Views)
Solution
Accepted by LABVIEW321

Hello LabVIEW321,

Here's the adapted example.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 5 of 8
(2,905 Views)

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

Message 6 of 8
(2,902 Views)

WOW! Awesome, I think I'm understanding it a bit better. One option I don't get is when I use the array subset structure, and apply it on the same example you get, I get one number I believe. Is that correct, I'm not really sure how that works,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,901 Views)

@

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,898 Views)