cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Queue-tip

Simple Messaging Reference Library On-the-Fly Usage

Not an idea that pertains to NI LabVIEW as a product

In the Simple Messaging Reference library, the STM Get Connection VI always requires an index to establish a desired connection. However, this mechanism does not lend itself well if the program needs to add/delete connections on-the-fly. Specifically, it takes some work to determine the next correct index. As a work around, the user can use a property node and set a connection "Name" to search on. What I would like to see is a name/index polymorphic input instead, as well as a disitnct VI to 'Get Properties'.  This would enable the program to retrieve properties necessary for the Get Connection VI to be used on-the-fly without explicit knowledge of the name/index.

4 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

This idea does not impact the LabVIEW product. That library is not part of LabVIEW, nor is it an NI toolkit. I don't know where that library comes from. Posting about it here won't help get any changes made to it. I try to direct ideas as best I can, but I don't know this one.

Queue-tip
NI Employee (retired)

Thank you for the heads up. I should have posted to the Simple TCP Messaging (STM) forum, as this API was developed by NI's Systems Engineering group.

'NI Community: Simple TCP Messaging (STM)'

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Components/Simple-TCP-Messaging-STM/m-p/583438

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Not an idea that pertains to NI LabVIEW as a product

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Queue-tip: I'm glad you were able to find a better forum.