From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Queue-tip

Simple Messaging Reference Library On-the-Fly Usage

Not an idea that pertains to NI LabVIEW as a product

In the Simple Messaging Reference library, the STM Get Connection VI always requires an index to establish a desired connection. However, this mechanism does not lend itself well if the program needs to add/delete connections on-the-fly. Specifically, it takes some work to determine the next correct index. As a work around, the user can use a property node and set a connection "Name" to search on. What I would like to see is a name/index polymorphic input instead, as well as a disitnct VI to 'Get Properties'.  This would enable the program to retrieve properties necessary for the Get Connection VI to be used on-the-fly without explicit knowledge of the name/index.

4 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

This idea does not impact the LabVIEW product. That library is not part of LabVIEW, nor is it an NI toolkit. I don't know where that library comes from. Posting about it here won't help get any changes made to it. I try to direct ideas as best I can, but I don't know this one.

Queue-tip
NI Employee (retired)

Thank you for the heads up. I should have posted to the Simple TCP Messaging (STM) forum, as this API was developed by NI's Systems Engineering group.

'NI Community: Simple TCP Messaging (STM)'

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Components/Simple-TCP-Messaging-STM/m-p/583438

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Not an idea that pertains to NI LabVIEW as a product

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Queue-tip: I'm glad you were able to find a better forum.