LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackDunaway

Make "Disabled and Grayed" Usable

The current implementation of the "Disabled and Grayed" state of a FP object is unusable in a professional project. It adds a shading to the bounding rectangular region around the FP object, even shading pixels that were previously transparent (see below).

DisabledAndGrayed.png

This proposal brings this function up to the bare minimum of "usable". As a bonus, consider even introducing new property nodes for FP objects that define new colors for the disabled state.

8 Comments
PJM_Labview
Active Participant

Jack,

You can alleviate this by making sure you use the same color in the panel color that you use in you decoration color (see below).

LV disbaled button.png

Note: I am not saying that this is sufficient, and I agree that this should be fixed, but this is better than the alternative.

PJM

vipm.io | jki.net

JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast
You're right, you can alleviate the problem if you impose contraints upon yourself when designing Front Panels. That is, if you're into imposing constraints upon yourself. Use your above example, but move your LED's into the shaded region of the background decoration. Notice how your LED's are much further from the bottom of the shaded decoration than mine?
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)
Man, if we were going to do a feature like this, we'd need an entirely new graphics layer, a complete rewrite of the whole LV front end. It could take years. I suppose we should probably investigate getting started on something like that...
JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast
You're my hero, Mr. Queue. Is 2010 too much to ask? Can we at least get a "it would not be unreasonable to assume 2010?"
Intaris
Proven Zealot
Whenever it might be finished, there's no time like the present to get started.....
Chris_in_Colorado

I spent a lot of time on a three state LED.

Pass/Fail/Not run Yet.

I'd like more options on this BASIC BASIC BASIC functionality.

User002
Not applicable

Is there any hope for this one?

I've used (and am using in a project we are still working on) the workaround (color front panel the same color as whatever is behind the grayed control/indicator).

wiebe@CARYA
Knight of NI

I don't see this happening in CG, ever. It is one of the things where NXG might shine, eventually... And perhaps even one of the reasons NXG was started in the first place.