From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveChandler

Locked Arrow Decoration

Available in LabVIEW 2013 and later

I really like the arrow decorations under structures for commenting or pointing out code. The problem is that if I move code the arrow no longer points to what I want it to point to. I propose that there be a method to "lock" the two ends to objects so that they can be resized or moved and the ends of the arrow stay with the object.

locked arrow decoration.PNG

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

5 Comments
fabric
Active Participant

This is a nice idea, although it looks like your example might also be handled by the "Advanced Code Commenting" idea which recently got over the line...

That said, I would very much enjoy "anchor-able" decorations. Kudos!

I guess the idea would require a bunch of predefined anchor locations (e.g. corner, centre of edge) for when objects are resized.

SteveChandler
Trusted Enthusiast

The Advanced Code Commenting idea is a good one and I gave it kudos. Although they both pertain to code documentation they are quite different.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Darin.K
Trusted Enthusiast

I have always thought that the arrow decorations should have a Label which would be a nice place to put the text.  At least cuts down on the number of moving parts.

SteveChandler
Trusted Enthusiast

I just downloaded 2013. Nice to see that this was implemented! It would have been even nicer to see my name in the LabVIEW help. Oh well...

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Completed
Available in LabVIEW 2013 and later