LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
manu.NET

Is there an error, a warning or no error ? (status = ???) ...

If the status is True then an error is present. The conditional terminal is set by default if True. If there is an error present in the cluster then the structure will stop.

It should be nice to add new VIs in the error handling palette.

These VIs could give, without having to analyse the satus or the error code, if there is no error, an error, a warning ....

So instead of testing the Status it could be ...

ErrorClusterOk.PNG

I know that the error cluster can be directly wired to a conditional terminal ...

but everytime you are in front of such a  diagram, you have to think of what will happen ? If i get an error the loop will stop or not ???

But using a kind of VI i describe previously ... there is no ambiguity ... it's clear !

Manu.net
5 Comments
Dennis_Knutson
Knight of NI
How is wiring the error cluster ambiguous. By default, it will stop on error and if you change it, the termination terminal changes. Just like wiring a Boolean to it. You can have it stop on true or continue on true.
muks
Proven Zealot
I am not very clear. What will the vis contain? How will want the differentiation to be?
manu.NET
Active Participant

The VI's will contain the analysis of Status and error code ... something like this ....

If Status then

If Code < 0

=> Error

else

=> Warning

endif

else

=> No error

endif

Message Edité par manuLerch le 02-12-2010 02:51 AM
Manu.net
Dennis_Knutson
Knight of NI
Your pseudo code is a bit flawed. If status  is true, then it's an error. Period. It does not matter what the code is. Also, since anyone can add any numeric code, a warning is anything where the status is false and code is non-zero.
G-Money
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined
If the status is True then an error is present. The conditional terminal is set by default if True. If there is an error present in the cluster then the structure will stop.