LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
jyang72211

Append True/False String

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.

Hi,

Append True/False String is a function in LV, and it allows you to append one of the two input strings to the initial string based on a boolean input.  I use it to append pass/fail to the initial string. 

I think this function should also allow us to select a couple of standard true/false string without needing a true/false string input.  I should be able to right click on the node and select pass/fail, true/false, yes/no, go/no go, etc.  By doing this, we can make our code even cleaner.  When you select these standard true/false string, the appearance of the icon should also change in order to reflect what standard true/false input is selected.

Yik

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
6 Comments
muks
Proven Zealot
In short do you suggest a true string constant?
jyang72211
Active Participant
What do you mean?

JÞB
Knight of NI

Yik-

Not every pair will be easy to identify.  and support for languages other than English will make this pretty tough to implement.  In this case its much easier to "roll-your-own" on a case by case need.  I'm sure a poly-morphic vi with your TF pairs would allow you the flexability you want for an often used vi in your apps.   Forcing pre-selected pairs on everyone else (or overloading them with ones they never use) is a bit .....no- I don't like it

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
jyang72211
Active Participant

I guess I can see you point.

yik

muks
Proven Zealot
I accept with bohrer...

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.