NI Home > Community > NI Discussion Forums

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Announcements
We've turned on a search before post feature in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. This new feature will help cut down on the number of duplicate ideas in this space!

The NI Idea Exchange is a product feedback forum where NI R&D and users work together to submit ideas, collaborate on their development, and vote for the ones they like best. View all of the NI Idea Exchanges to post an idea or add your opinion on an existing one today!
EthanStern

Allow changing numeric conversion type with selector tool

by Member EthanStern on ‎11-15-2012 07:49 PM

Browsing through menus to replace a numeric conversion node is tedious.  How about allowing the selector tool to select from a pull-down menu, just like it does from an unbundle by name node?

Existing unbundle node behavior is shown at left.  Desired numeric conversion node behavior is to the right.

Quick_changing_of_numeric_comments.png

Comments
by Knight of NI on ‎11-16-2012 01:23 AM

related idea ( your seems like a duplicate of it?)

by Member EthanStern on ‎11-16-2012 07:34 AM

Yes, thanks.  It appears this idea already has some momentum.  My post is redundant with regard to yours: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/A-universal-conversion-bullet/idi-p/918414

(...and I like your post name better)

by Active Participant PaulG. on ‎11-16-2012 08:00 AM

Leave this idea here. Altenbach's idea has over 100 kudos but it's over 3 years old. Might have lost some momentum. This is  something I've wanted for a long time, BTW.

by Member RobStone on ‎11-21-2012 03:03 AM

... and make the conversion behavior consistent, BTW.

I mean it's illogical to keep the output typedef'd if the base type of an typedef's input is the same as the selected conversion function...

by Active Participant Manzolli on ‎12-05-2012 01:56 PM

It's so obvious that I kudoed both altenbach's and this one.

by Member Jim_Glanz on ‎12-14-2012 07:40 AM

I would vote for this, excellent idea!

by Proven Zealot on ‎12-14-2012 09:45 AM

Jim_Glanz, then what's stopping you from giving the idea a Kudos?  A comment saying "good idea" will not give NI any idea of how desirable the idea is.  That what the Kudos are for.  So if you like the idea, give it a Kudos.

by Active Participant Silver_Shaper on ‎02-05-2013 01:39 AM

Awesome idea. Hope going to be there in LV 2013

by Member jfleming on ‎03-10-2014 09:22 PM

Maybe in 2014.  This is a neat idea.

by Trusted Enthusiast on ‎03-11-2014 10:00 AM

> Maybe in 2014. 

Nope. If it were, it would be marked "In Development" or "In Beta" by now.

Latest LabVIEW Idea Exchange Blog Posts
About LabVIEW Idea Exchange

Have a LabVIEW Idea?

1. Browse by label or search in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to see if your idea has previously been submitted. If your idea exists be sure to vote for the idea by giving it kudos to indicate your approval!
  2. If your idea has not been submitted click Post New Idea to submit a product idea to the LabVIEW Idea Exchange. Be sure to submit a separate post for each idea.
  3. Watch as the community gives your idea kudos and adds their input.
  4. As NI R&D considers the idea, they will change the idea status.
  5. Give kudos to other ideas that you would like to see in a future version of LabVIEW!
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors