BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retired LabVIEW features?

I miss being forced to be extremely careful and thoughtful before making any changes to my code. Undo makes it so that I don't need to really think about what I'm doing anymore. Also the fact that I can move a node around without unhooking all the wires first means that I don't have to do as much prior planning. Integration with source control just makes things so much worse.

:-))
=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 11 of 35
(11,334 Views)

And remember when LabVIEW was so easy a marketing person could do it.

(Let the Elijah jokes begin)

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 12 of 35
(11,304 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

I am curious about the usefulness of more than 63 dimensions. Even if the size of each dimension is only 2, you will break all size limits. This means that at least about half of the dimensions need to be 1. So what's the point?

Oh I don't need them, I was just curious as to how high I could go, (and how thick the lines got)

@PaulG. wrote:

I'm sure some physicist trying to make his math work Smiley Surprised might need more than 63 dimensions. Just sayin'. 

Sounds messy.

@Ben wrote:

The State Diagram Editor.

Ben

Looks pretty useful.

@Ben wrote:

The ability to put a VI in the True case of a case structure with boolean Flase to include a VI in memory and simplify loading it at run time. 

Ben

That would have solved the orignal question I posted when I first signed up to these forums.

Message 13 of 35
(11,298 Views)

Ben a écrit :

I am going to pis$ myself off posting to this thread but here goes.

I still morn the passing of a wonderful tool!

Ben

I fully agree with you Ben and I can't understand why NI stopped to support this very useful tool. The Statechart Module isn't a replacement.

For your information, I'm still using this unsupported tool with LV 2011 SP1. But with every new version of LV I fear it will no longer be compatible.

Message 14 of 35
(11,287 Views)

Well this one is more of a DaqMX thing then LabVIEW. I miss being able to create Global Virtual channels and just import them and they work. Now if I do not have a card installed I have to create a simulated card or if I unplug the daq card and plug it in somewhere else I have to delete the old device and retarget. They should make these run off of the serial number not when you plugged them in.

Tim
GHSP
Message 15 of 35
(11,265 Views)

@JB wrote:

Ben a écrit :

I am going to pis$ myself off posting to this thread but here goes.

I still morn the passing of a wonderful tool!

Ben

I fully agree with you Ben and I can't understand why NI stopped to support this very useful tool. The Statechart Module isn't a replacement.

For your information, I'm still using this unsupported tool with LV 2011 SP1. But with every new version of LV I fear it will no longer be compatible.

I started a new thread in the LV forum found here to see if we can get NI to start supporting the SDE again.

Please reply to that thread to add your support for the SDE.

Thank you!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 16 of 35
(11,250 Views)

Out of curiosity - does using a static VI reference not accomplish the same result?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 35
(11,211 Views)

(sorry - should have added some context - that was in reference to using a VI inside the "true" case of a case structure)

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 35
(11,209 Views)

You can also just replace the boolean constant with a boolean control -  the VIs will then still be included.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 35
(11,120 Views)

@Mads wrote:

You can also just replace the boolean constant with a boolean control -  the VIs will then still be included.

old habits die hard.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 35
(11,113 Views)