BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's confirmed.. 2012 is the end of the world...

The first one I saw was in Celcius and French. My sweetie thinks the temperature tomorrow (or today on the other side of the date line!) should be 666 degrees. My father (90 years old) sent me one by email on Monday, subject "There were things I forgot to tell you on our phone call yesterday" and a "Oh, who cares!" in the body of the of the email followed by the "weather forecast". Some of you have met him at NIWeek, an older version of me (or more accurately, I'm a younger version of him).

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 211 of 229
(8,400 Views)

LOL!  Those are good ones..

Well..  Today MUST be the end of the world!  Here's this morning's experience so far.

The day starts with 6 - 10 inches of snow.  Rear wheel drive car made it to the bottom of the hill, only to be greeted by a 2 foot wall of packed snow (graciously donated by the snow plow).  It's not an X-Drive, so up the hill we go and get a shovel and scoop.  (For thos in warmer weather, a scoop is a thingy that you use to fill ice-cream cones).

Drive my wife to work..  Idiots who believe all-season tires includes the unusual winter season are... well.. idiots.  Takes an entire green light for the idiot species for one car to finally advance through the intersection...   -idiot-

Get back home and decide to clean the driveway.  Went relatively well.  Maybe I should post some pictures.

But that's not why I think it IS the end of the world..  Oh no...

Go to my office which has a variety of computers.  They ALL UPGRADED SW..  ALL.  Ububtu, Knoppix, Windows-XP, WIndows -7.. ALL Upgraded!!  Talk about annoying.

Over a year ago, Win 7 did an upgrade (I won't mention that I turned OFF automatic upgrades!  I like to know what goes into my machines.  I was not happy).  As a result of the unwanted upgrade, it took out a dual boot to Ubuntu.  Since I didn't need the dual boot on that PC (laptop), I decided to leave it as is and wait until I need to re-install windoze before fixing it.  Well,,, this morning I had to reboot the laptop.  To my COMPLETE amazement...  Ubuntu is BACK!  Wow..  Where was it all this time?  Fortunately I remembered the password.   Well..  I did have some interesting appz in there.   Even GRUB is back.  Like I said.. It's the end of the world..  😄

If this is what the end of the world is like, it's not so bad.  There's no brimestone and fires..  😄

Did I see correctly on the news last night that Texas got snow? 

0 Kudos
Message 212 of 229
(8,345 Views)

Mostly rain where I live, a bit of snow up here in the "highlands" where my office is, about 800 feet (~250m) higher, only an inch or two ( 2 - 5cm). But then again, the day isn't over, the solar flare, caused by the "planet-X" crashing into the sun, may still knock the asteroid out of orbit to hit the Earth and reverse its rotation, causing the magnetic poles to reverse and unleashing a Zombie Apocalypse!   Just some variations on the idiotic programs in the last few weeks on cable channels here in the U.S.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 213 of 229
(8,334 Views)

How have you been Putnam?  I'm sure you would not have missed the extra-heavy / wet snow that is falling at the moment.

Photos from 8:00 this morning.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 214 of 229
(8,330 Views)

You must remember the view from the office:

Let's start with December 1st:

It changed after a snowfall last week:

But that started to melt.  We've had warm temperatures, to the point where there was a possibility of a green Christmas>  Photo same day in the afternoon:

Download All
Message 215 of 229
(8,326 Views)

Putnam,

Another view for your memories:

0 Kudos
Message 216 of 229
(8,324 Views)

Message 217 of 229
(8,312 Views)

@SnowMule wrote:

In Colorado

I'd just rather not have another 14 inches like I got 2 weekends ago

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 218 of 229
(8,302 Views)

IS ANYONE OUT THERE????

NO NEW POSTS HERE SINCE THE 21ST!!!!

DID THE WORLD END??? AM I ALL ALONE???? WHERE IS EVERYBODY???

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 219 of 229
(8,268 Views)

AnalogKid2DigitalMan wrote:

DID THE WORLD END??? AM I ALL ALONE???? WHERE IS EVERYBODY???

No, the world did not end.  Just a lot of people taking vacation this week and next.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 220 of 229
(8,262 Views)