VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VirtualBench updates coming?

Is there a software update coming to make LabVIEW 2019 compatible drivers for VirtualBench?  The latest I can find is 18.0, which only supports up to LabVIEW 2018.  I have a potential project that I would really like to use the VirtualBench for and we are actively using 2019 for new development.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(6,169 Views)

Yes! They are still on-going, and while noticeably delayed, the updates will support LabVIEW 2019.

They'll also remove most of the barriers that caused the delays for these past few updates 😄

Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
Message 2 of 18
(6,161 Views)

So do we have any kind of ETA?  Not wanting to hold your feet to the fire, just wanting to plan around any potential issues now.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(6,133 Views)

For more than 90% confidence, I'd use by-end-of-January 2020.

Joe Friedchicken
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(6,092 Views)

Any updates on this?  The application I was going to use this with will start development this week.  I would not like to go back to LabVIEW 2016 and not be able to use much of my PPL libraries I updated to use 2019 (using VIMs and maps).

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(5,911 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Any updates on this?

Today I'm testing the first beta 🙂

Joe Friedchicken
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(5,830 Views)

Is there an update on this? I upgraded my program from LV2015 to LV2019 not knowing that the virtualbench drivers were not supported.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(5,765 Views)

Hi Joe. Any update? I'm also waitting for this release. My application is almost finished, the control of Virtualbench is the last step and I'd like to mantain it on 2019 version.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(5,725 Views)

@DCKS wrote:

Hi Joe. Any update? I'm also waitting for this release. My application is almost finished, the control of Virtualbench is the last step and I'd like to mantain it on 2019 version.

At this point, I'm hoping NI will just release 20.0 drivers, which would be compatible with LabVIEW 2020 back to (based on other driver compatibilities) LabVIEW 2017.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(5,707 Views)

Any update? I'm also waiting for this release.

My team is finalizing the 2019 release, and while we don't have a committed date, if you want to test drive the beta, please send me a DM with a good way to send you the 450 MB installer.

At this point, I'm hoping NI will just release 20.0 drivers.

That would certainly be an efficient approach, and that is sadly not in the cards.

Joe Friedchicken
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(5,699 Views)