VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI VirtualBench Dig Read operation duration

I am trying to detect a 5 millisecond pulse and I used Virtual Bench Dig Read. I noticed some pulses were not counted and upon investigating I found out that the NI Virtual Bench Dig Read VI takes 8 to 15 milliseconds for one operation, hence the skipped pulses. 

Can you suggest on how to detect the 5ms pulse using virtual bench?

Is it possible to lower the duration of Dig Read by setting up/configuring the virtual bench?

Thank you very much and Stay safe.

Note: I can see in the MSO that some pulses were not counted because I can see the pulses there.

Best regards,

GGM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,216 Views)

The DIO are static, which means they are timed with software.  In your case, I would use the MSO and use a digital channel to capture X seconds of data and count the pulses.  From my quick digging into the LabVIEW code, I am not seeing a way to put the Digital IO into the MSO (I'm pretty sure you can with the soft panel), but there are 32 MSO Digital channels you could use.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(2,191 Views)

The default filter for the channel selector for `MSO Enable Digital Channels` does only include logic analyzer channels, but it's also possible to include the digital I/O channels in the task.  Right-click the control, and click on `I/O Name Filtering` to enable the digital channels as well (or just use the names dig/0 through dig/7).

Note that the digital I/O channels have a lower bandwidth than the logic analyzer channels but I don't think it would affect this application.

Message 3 of 3
(2,188 Views)