From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transmitting based on a received signal - LabVIEW + NI USRP N210

Hi again,

I'm working on a project to transmit a signal on specific channel at maximum power, based on a received signal. (minimum bandwidth)
As an example, i'm using the frequency range of walkie talkies PMR446 ( 446.00625 MHz -> 446.09375 MHz) I'd like to check the full band, receive 1 channel and then react (=transmit) full power on that same frequency.

I can already receive the signal of walkie talkie, by using de Rx freq 446.00625MHz  (channel 1). When the program does a peak detection (i should get the amplitude and specific frequency). The freq is given in

--> now: in my spectrum analyser: i'd like my "offset from carrier" to be 0 at the peak... now it's at 500k ? It's not showing anything lower than 0

-->I'd like to change the bandwidth so he can check the 8 channels...

I'd like to use STATES (case structures) but I can't extract the info from the Rx to the Tx

In the Tx cycle:

-transmitting a normal sine-wave should work instead of using a modulation (For PMR446 it's a level 4 FSK), in order to jam that whole channel ( 2 times 12.5kHz )
Anyway, if i try to sent a signal using an example transmitter FM.VI, changing the modulation to FSK ofcourse, my PMR's don't receive anything...
(while transmitting to a radio frequency, with FM modulation, that works)

-I want to use the frequency from inside the loop of the Rx cycle.. but the program does not accept that 😕
-I only have 1 VERT400 Antenna, is it possible to use the same antenna channel (RX1 or TX1)?

Could you give my some advice / or other possible solutions please? 🙂

available hardware :
NI USRP N210 (rev 4) with WBX 50-2200 Rx/Tx and AE VERT400

NI USRP N210 ( rev 4 )with CBX 1200-6000 MHz Rx/Tx (40 MHz) and 2xAE VERT900 and AE VERT2450
connection via gigabit

PC: W7 64bit, i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz, 4Gb RAM

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,183 Views)

Insiderbe,

Have you seen the record and playback example for the USRP? The demo was done with walkie-talkies, so it might be very similar to what you're doing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,172 Views)

not yet, thanks, i'll try this first thing in the morning! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,164 Views)

The tutorial was useful, but still having issues completing the program

peak detection isn't working fully, the shift registers don't remember the values? :s

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,049 Views)