From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

UI Interest Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing JKI Flat UI Controls

Flat UI Controls Toolkit

At JKI, we have found that a professional user interface design can make a huge difference for LabVIEW applications. That’s why we’re very proud to announce we have just released the JKI Flat UI Controls for LabVIEW, a beautiful, professionally-designed set of LabVIEW controls that we use on some of our own projects at JKI!  We hope that by sharing these with the community, we can help make it easy for just about anyone to build their own beautiful and intuitive user interfaces in LabVIEW.

Learn More & Download 

--
Tomi Maila
Message 1 of 12
(11,761 Views)

Thanks for your help. They look great.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(11,549 Views)

Hello

I have tried to convert some of the buttons from this library into "6-states" buttons but i have failed. Is it possible to do it ?

It seems like it is not possible to make 6-states buttons which are colorable.

Yohann L.
Message 3 of 12
(10,011 Views)

Hi Tomi,

I just found a bug for the JKI Flat UI.

I built a few applications to read or collecting data. I had a weird error that the memory usage is keep increasing every second in compiled executable.

This problem confused me a couple of weeks, and after a lot of efforts, I found the reason is JKI Flat UI.

Try this sample vi which used the path control and create an executable file. Monitoring the memory usage in Windows Task Monitor, this exe file's memory usage will keep increasing after button clicked, even if you do nothing after that.

BTW, my LabVIEW environment is 2016 Professional and Windows 7 Pro.

Hope this will help you guys improve this UI theme.

Message 4 of 12
(9,807 Views)

Hey there,

Found an issue/bug with the DAQ Channel Name. It appears you used the Traditional DAQ IO control as the base, so on the vast majority of systems (where DAQ Trad is no longer used) it returns an empty list.

Other than that, neat and clean!

--Eric

[Edit] Attached my version of the DAQmx channel

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(9,724 Views)

感觉太赞了,这种扁平化设计确实能让UI设计更加让人眼前一亮,简直是Amazing

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(9,481 Views)

Hi,

I like quiet a lot the JKI Flat, but I got very similar problem with "Path Resizeable". As soon as I drop it on a front panel the CPU consumption increase up to ~25%  (1 CPU Core). This bug occurs also on my colleges computer (as shown in the screen shoot.  Do you also have similar behavior ?

LV Config : Labview 2017 Pro, JKI Flat UI Controls v1.0.0.7

Computer : Windows 10

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(8,791 Views)

Hi,

I like quiet a lot the JKI Flat, but I got very similar problem with "Path Resizeable". As soon as I drop it on a front panel the CPU consumption increase up to ~25%  (1 CPU Core). This bug occurs also on my colleges computer (as shown in the screen shoot.  Do you also have similar behavior ?

LV Config : Labview 2017 Pro, JKI Flat UI Controls v1.0.0.7

Computer : Windows 10

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(8,791 Views)

That might be related to your GPU, the string control works juste fine on my 2 PCs here (laptop Win10, desktop Win7) 😕

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(8,766 Views)

Or may be you can use free icons from Google

Here is the link Icons - Google Fonts

Magic Note: use classic flat controls. 😋

Message 10 of 12
(4,567 Views)