Troubleshooting Hardware

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Roborio Unrecoverable Error Image File

Hi,

My team bricked a Roborio by unplugging it while reimaging. 

I diagnosed the issue, and I cannot connect through SSH, as the password was changed to something unknown. 

I need to reflash the Roborio manually though a USB drive with Roborio firmware.

I was reading though forums on here and it looks like you need a special 'support version' of the firmware to flash through the drive to the Roborio.

I don't need help diagnosing or other routes, I just need this 'special version' of the firmware.

If I can find this firmware online anywhere (FRC website/Forums/WPILib), please let me know, or if support needs to send it to me digitally, that works as well.

Thank you! 😄

~Phil

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,015 Views)

I'll send you a message to talk through the details and getting the recovery file.

It's not a special version of the firmware, for what it's worth.  It's just another way to install the factory version of the firmware onto the roboRIO and reinstall the things that are broken.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(984 Views)

It looks like I lied.  You have PMs disabled so I cannot.  Can you send me a message with another way to contact you? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(980 Views)

My team is facing this same issue. Could you also PM me the same recovery instructions?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(955 Views)

You have PMs disabled.  Is it alright if I email you at the account listed on your forum profile?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(948 Views)

Yes ok by me. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(940 Views)

Sent an email.  If the tool doesn't work, it'd be helpful to create a new thread so we can focus on your specific situation to help get you up and running 😃 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(915 Views)