Troubleshooting Hardware

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Roborio Deploy or Run Live Issues with CTRE Phoenix and 4.0 image?

Anyone else having lots of problems deploying LabVIEW with CTRE or Phoenix?

We are running mixed hardware as we normally do, we have REV SPARKS and CTRE Talons SRX and now trying a couple of Falcon 500 motors.

The issue we have is once deployed, none of the CTRE (Phoenix) devices will work when the robot is enabled. Everything else runs fine on the robot with a Roborio, meaning, no problems with the REV hardware etc, we just formatted to version 4.0 as well, from 3.0 we had.

We get alot of failed deployed, errors, corrupt errors on deploy, or replace target etc…the only way to get a good deploy is to DISABLE the RT Startup, reboot the rio, then deploy, the enable RT startup, then reboot the rio.

Then almost always what happens next, NONE of the CTRE (Phoenix) devices work when enabled, all the Talons, Falcon 500 blink Yellow when the robot is enabled. To correct this behavior, we have to run Phoenix Installer again on the RIO. Most of the time, it says Target not found, so then we have to DISABLE the RT (using the Rio Image Tool), reboot, install the Phoenix Installer, reboot, enable RT startup, reboot…then about 50% of the time, we get drop outs on the CTRE devices, solid yellow lights, then we get a blip like a drop out, then back on again…we then re deploy our code again, and then finally everything works as it should, meaning after writing Phoenix again using the Phoenix Installer, we have to send the code over the top of that and then the robot seems to straighten up and work correctly.

If we DISABLE RT startup, we can run our code LIVE from the programming laptop seems no problems. But we can only run LIVE if we disable RT startup. If we don't do this, we always get a deploy with errors. It never works.

It’s absolutely laboring to get your code to deploy to an older RoboRio with Image 4.0 installed now…is anyone else having these problems? We are about ready to remove the Talons and switch them to SPARKS just so we don’t have to deal with the CTRE issues we seemed to be having.

Question: How do we troubleshoot the RoboRio log files? Where are they located to understand why a deploy failes or sometimes it says "corrupt". 

I would be happy to talk on the phone with anyone to work through this as well.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(612 Views)

https://www.chiefdelphi.com/t/labview-roborio-deploy-or-run-live-issues-with-ctre-phoenix-and-4-0-im...

I'm going to cross post this here as it looks like Mark (he's amazing) was able to talk you through some steps and my interpretation of that thread is you're up and running now.  

If you're not, please correct me.

Anyone else coming to this thread likely is best served by the conversation there rather than trying to duplicate it 😃 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(593 Views)