cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SampleMatrix1 missing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all....

I installed NI - Switch executive, In the getting Started Guide which came along with it, It talks about creating an virtual switch called SwithExecutiveGettingStarted,

In that it tells about adding two switches "SampleMatrix1" and "SampleMatrix2" from the list of available switches to the list of Switches to Add.

In My System I found both these switches to be missing. I tried reinstalling the NI Switch Executive yet found them to be missing.

Should i create them or is there some other problem. My question might be stupid, but i'm stuck up with this for a long time.

please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(8,375 Views)

Hello Lordsatish,

You need not create the "SampleMatrix1" and "SampleMatrix2". They will be found in the list of available switches.

Kindly follow these steps, you should be able to find the SampleMatrix1 and sampleMatrix2

MAX >> My System >> Devices and Interfaces >> Expand >> NI Switch Executive Virtual Devices >> Right Click >> Create new NI switch executive virtual device >> select "create new configuration" >> next

You should find the List of available switches in the window after these steps. 

Hope this helps. Also let me know the version of Switch Executive you are using.

Regards,

Jayanth

AE, National Instruments

SR ID 15554

Message Edited by Jayanth on 09-23-2008 09:28 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(8,348 Views)

HI Jayanth,

I followed the same steps as you have mentioned. But in the list of available switches is empty. I'm using Switch Executive 3.0.

My MAXMAX
This is My Screen Shot
Message Edited by lordsathish on 09-23-2008 11:51 PM
Message Edited by lordsathish on 09-23-2008 11:54 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(8,336 Views)

Hello Lordsatish,

I was not able to get the image properly. Can you please upload it as a zip or rar file once again? Have you also completed the license activation for the software?

Regards,

Jayanth

AE, National Instruments

SR ID 15554

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(8,317 Views)

I've attached the images. I tried to import a Switch configuration file from my friend. Yet was not successful.

I've attached that file also. 

Message Edited by lordsathish on 09-24-2008 02:57 AM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(8,314 Views)

Hello Lordsatish,

Did you activate the product or are you using the evaluation version? Did you try installing the same in another computer?

When you expand the NI Switch Executive Virtual Devices, you should find a "SwitchExecutiveExample". I did not find it in the snapshot you have sent. Can you try the installation in some other computer? Also, could you give me details about the source from which you are installing?

Regards,

Jayanth

AE, National Instruments

SR ID 15554

Message Edited by Jayanth on 09-24-2008 09:52 AM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(8,293 Views)

Hi Jayanth,

I have activated the NI - Switch and I am not using evaluvation version.

others who have installed the same, have Samplematrix1 and Samplematrix2.

I copied the NI -  Switch CD which came along with the Developer suite in to my PC and installed it.

Waiting for a solution.

😞 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(8,274 Views)
Solution
Accepted by lordsathish

Hi lordsathish,

To restore the SwitchExecutiveExample Virtual Device and IVI Configuration, run "Switch Executive s" from the command line as shown in the attached picture.

SwitchExecutiveExample

Hope this helps!

Chad Erickson

Switch Product Support Engineer

NI - USA

Message Edited by Chad PSE on 10-06-2008 03:21 PM
Message Edited by Chad PSE on 10-06-2008 03:21 PM
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(8,203 Views)

Hi...

Thanks a lot... It really worked when i ran it from the command prompt. what was the problem. what did that step running from command prompt do...?

Could you explain...? 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(8,161 Views)

Hi lordsathish,

The command prompt step calls two functions: ImportSample() and SetIviIniStrings().

ImportSample() imports the sample virtual device configuration from a stored .xml file.

SetIviIniStrings() uses the registry to locate the IVI .ini file.  Once found, it adds IVI Driver Session (Simulated8x8Matrix) and IVI Logical Name entries (SampleMatrix1, SampleMatrix2) to it to ensure that the IVI configuration is set up for the sample.

Hope this helps!

Chad Erickson

Switch Product Support Engineer

NI - USA

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(8,142 Views)