Student Projects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visualization of ship motion simulation platform

ContactInformation

University: GuangDong University of technology

Team Member(s): Haoming Lu,shubin Chen, Weipeng Lin, Ziyuan Yang, Weiwen Zeng.

Faculty Advisors:

EmailAddress:xw_studio@126.com

ProjectInformation

Title:Visualization of ship motion simulation platform

Backgound

When I as a child, I have a dream, that is, oneday, sailing out to the sea, and want to know what is in the other side of the sea. When I grow up, I selected to learn automation, but the dream is always in my heart. I realized that it is unlikely driving a ship to the sea in reality, so, based on the instrument LabVIEW, we designed a ship movement simulation platform for practice the feeling.

Another, The simulation system can be used not only teaching and training, but also can be used for scientific research and engineering design assistance, popularization and the popularization of knowledge also has extremely important.

Moreover, as we all know,the development of human civilization has something to do with ocean transportation. All kinds of activities in the sea ,not only geological study but also oil mining.In a way we can say that who has the Initiative of the sea , wo will Master its destiny.However,there are all kinds of dangers when a ship navigate the sea.How to control the ship navigate the sea safely is a big and difficule problem.So the ship control draw a lot of experts' attention. 

Because of these,our team use the Labview Software exploit a program,help the people who want to design a ship control system safely and economically.we build up a ship model in our computer,and wo also create a sea scene in it.The most importent is that wo provide a interface for the user in the progrem,the user can input  their date of ship control,and then you will see your ship navigate the sea according to your input. 

Help

Please open the project called ‘Visualization of ship motion simulation platform.lvproj’未命d名.jpg , double click the Main.vi未的命名.jpg,

enter the customer welcome interface, and then click the Run botton 1.jpg to the upper left corner, click on "Enter System "key的.jpg to enter the ship parameters setting page(the default parameters on this page comes from the real ship ‘Mariner’ ),of course, user can also modify the parameter by yourselves, the system will calculate and get the ship motion mathematical model automatically.Click the ‘Next’ key and enter the simulation interface.

未命名.jpg未命w名.jpg

The simulation interface is made of 6 sub-interfaces including environment parameters setting,position and mode,navigation direction and speed control,navigation path,output curves of control forces. Clear interface,easy to operate. At first, on the upper left corner user can type the relevant values ​​arbitrarily to set the environmental parameters of the current sea including the dirction and scale of wind,wave,current. Then toggle the stick called ‘hand/auto’未命的的名.jpg to choose the control mode of the ship.

auto mode:please type the abscissa x1, longitudinal coordinates y1, heading angle α to ensure the starting location of the ship, type the abscissa x2, longitudinal coordinates y2, heading angle β to ensure the ending location of the ship. And then togglling the stick ‘start/stop’未命全球名.jpgto start simulation, observe the simulation of the ship.

hand mode: turn the steering wheel to control the direction of the ship's,enter the value of the pushing device to control the ship’s forward and backward.enter the value of the thruster to control the ship’s movement of left and right.

未s命名.jpg

User also can adjust the ‘visual angle ajustment’ to achieve multi-angle all-round observation.

Navigation process, navigation locus shows the current location coordinates and navigation track clearly. Also, user can also observe the control forces changes by the output curves of control forces.

reset:For resetting the initial position of ship ,enter the values and click the reset 方法.jpg to

Program Description

1.jpg

According to the main idea of the control system, in the main program we package the control module, interference module and control plant and so on into subVI, which make the framework clear and make it possible to transfer data at each subVI. In addition ,it is intuitive for people and it remove the global variable trouble .The program diagram is fit for the data stream of the LabView idea and the inner structure of each subVI is simple so that we can save lots of memory space which will snow down the operation efficiency .At the same time ,appropriate local variables can reduce the complexity of the wiring and make it easier for readers reading .To avoid the competitive problem ,it is necessary for us to try to avoid using multithreading control.­­­

3.jpg

The switching between user interface and parameters setting interface is use independent calls which make it possible to fully close the user interface without any data connection when we switch the user interface to parameters set interface so that we can reduce the using of memory .

3.jpg

The switching between parameters setting interface and control interface is use inner nested for prevent the data loss .All interfaces through simple judgment structure or conditions structure realize interaction.

4.jpg

5.jpg

The calls of the 3D model are use judgment structure to realize .When the first call come , the 3D model file will be opened and after that , we separate the 3D model into two parts to control .With the help of the det shift register ,we can achieve the data update and the synchronization between data and 3D model.

8.jpg

9.jpg

We use the camera module, which we can find in 3D toolkit of the LabView , to achieve the boat tracking and visual adjustment for readers having a better observation in the simulation conditions .Adjusting the coordinate , we can get different angles and we can magnify or narrow the 3D module space to observe the simulation conditions. So it not only satisfy the readers’ visual requirements but also have a stable dynamic model display without any distortion in order to have a better results.

Thank you for your view !!!

Comments
X-POWER
on

that is good

LPS
NI Employee (retired)
on

Hello there,

Thank you so much for your project submission into the NI LabVIEW Student Design Competition. It's great to see your enthusiasm for NI LabVIEW! Make sure you share your project URL(https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-16522) with your peers and faculty so you can collect votes for your project and win. Collecting the most "likes" gives you the opportunity to win cash prizes for your project submission. If you or your friends have any questions about how to go about "voting" for your project, tell them to read this brief document (https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-16409).

I'm curious to know, what's your favorite part about using LabVIEW and how did you hear about the competition? Great work!!

Good Luck, Liz in Austin, TX.

hoping
on

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lo0ong
on

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dennis_7
on

Thank you for your support.

吥洅嗳
on

It's so good that I can't help myself supporting you!

DoraemonFuck
on

浪显,过浪显!我唔北伊!

萤川絮
on

This is really an outstanding work!

I really like it!

rongcong98
on

good job !!!!!!i will support you forever 源哥

fengfeng6242
on

GOOD JOB~~

springbob
on

can never be better!~

justiser
on

what is this?anyway,well done

流连
on

well   done

on

very good...

yangie
on

I will be always allied with you, ZiyuanYang!

1a2b3fedcba
on

oh

that's pretty good

!!!!!

i like it ~

dalieming
on

Well done

from Australia,dalieming studio

aaaabalsdfjlj
on

what a xxxxxxxx idea!!!!!

蓝世家
on

our class are proud of you three.good luck! guys.

orangeflower
on

awesome job,mate! so cool

liliexin
on

it's so cool!

linsond
on

Splendid!

image_processin
on

I can not find better one than that.

AKYGOD
on

噢~卖嘎的~噢~泄妇特~WHAT THE FUCKING 浪显~

love77
on

well done!!

lovesky
on

if it can display  in Chinese, it will be grater.

LPS
NI Employee (retired)
on

Hello there,

Thank you so much for your project submission into the NI LabVIEW Student Design Competition. It's great to see your enthusiasm for NI LabVIEW! Make sure you share your project URL(https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-16522) with your peers and faculty so you can collect votes for your project and win. Collecting the most "likes" gives you the opportunity to win cash prizes for your project submission. If you or your friends have any questions about how to go about "voting" for your project, tell them to read this brief document (https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-16409). You have until July 15, 2011 to collect votes!

I'm curious to know, what's your favorite part about using LabVIEW and how did you hear about the competition? Great work!!

Good Luck, Liz in Austin, TX.

alexandious
on
well done!!!
肥仔
on

good, i like it!!!

jacqueline
on

Good design!Seems good news for those who have the same dream as the designer. For me, a regular 9-to-5er, it is a new option for relax after work, you don't have to apply a vocation to the far-away sea, you just come back and login this platform to find the sea feeling, although it may be not totally the same.

Wish your team acheive a high score in the competition and this platform can be promoted to be used in our life.

zhangmiaomiao
on

excellent!

保_
on

gond job

KASY
on

表示看不明白!但是,你们的作品一定是很棒的!!!加油!

Just congratulation to you all for the wonderful project!!!

What's more,XW---you are such a great man!!!!!

Sarawu
on

Good   job

xiaoxiong1
on

oh so good .....

树芬
on

So good!

harrymore
on

good job