SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data logging problem

Hi

I have signal express 3.0 connected to a USB-6211 Datalogger. My problem, when I create a log in SE 3.0 it doesn't save and all data is lost when I stop the log, the only remenant is the name of the log (which i haven't changed) down in the log tree in the bottom left hand corner. The funny thing about this is that I had the LE version which worked perfectly fine, the problem above only developed when I upgraded to the full version. I had a look in the data recording options and you can see the size of the log increasing so it appears the software is logging but its just not saving it in my harddrive, i've also tried changing the destination file.  

Thankyou

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,987 Views)

Hello Macca1982,

Something to check now that you have upgraded to the full version of Signal Express is that you have enabled a logging operation for you signal of interest. This can be done by clicking on the Record button at the top of the window and, in the pop up dialog box that appears, selecting your signal as seen in the attached screenshot. If you don't select your signal then you will not be logging anything.

Regards,

Mallori M

Message Edited by mallorim on 06-09-2009 07:11 PM
Mallori M
National Instruments
Sr Group Manager, Education Services

ni.com/training
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,965 Views)

Hi Macca1982,

I am not sure if the above mentioned solutions fixed your issue. If not, could you try logging after changing the log file name to something else (Example: test1). You can change the log file name in the Logging Signals Selection dialog box (see picture given above). Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,866 Views)