From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Logging Rate

Solved!
Go to solution

I am a complete noobie and trying to record thermocouple data using Signal Express 2012.  I can get the data to record and export to a text file, but it is recording at 1.1 seconds.  I would like to change it to once every second, but don't see that option anywhere on the record options.  Thanks for any help!

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,616 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tbsmith

Hi tbsmith,

So I think you are getting a little confused. The recording is not where you set these options. You want to set the 1 sample per second in the configuration under timing settings. This is where you set the timing of the aquired signal. In your case a thermocouple. I hope this helps.

Here is a screen shot of it.

Ryan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,604 Views)

@Ryan-AE wrote:

Hi tbsmith,

So I think you are getting a little confused. The recording is not where you set these options. You want to set the 1 sample per second in the configuration under timing settings. This is where you set the timing of the aquired signal. In your case a thermocouple. I hope this helps.

Here is a screen shot of it.

Thanks Ryan.  There was no screen shot.  Anyway, I had posted this on a different (wrong) forum and someone else answered it so I guess I'll close this one.  If you could post the screen shot though, that would help.  thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,602 Views)

Sorry my mistake

Ryan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,597 Views)

I'm also looking to do this but I don't see a timing settings. I am using the 30 day trial currently. Is changing the data logging frequency not possible with the trial version?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,397 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,389 Views)

This thread shows a different device. I'm using a Tektronic DPO 4104, which doesn't have the same device logging options. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,381 Views)