SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Logging Rate

Solved!
Go to solution

I am a complete noobie and trying to record thermocouple data using Signal Express 2012.  I can get the data to record and export to a text file, but it is recording at 1.1 seconds.  I would like to change it to once every second, but don't see that option anywhere on the record options.  Thanks for any help!

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,619 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tbsmith

Hi tbsmith,

So I think you are getting a little confused. The recording is not where you set these options. You want to set the 1 sample per second in the configuration under timing settings. This is where you set the timing of the aquired signal. In your case a thermocouple. I hope this helps.

Here is a screen shot of it.

Ryan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,607 Views)

@Ryan-AE wrote:

Hi tbsmith,

So I think you are getting a little confused. The recording is not where you set these options. You want to set the 1 sample per second in the configuration under timing settings. This is where you set the timing of the aquired signal. In your case a thermocouple. I hope this helps.

Here is a screen shot of it.

Thanks Ryan.  There was no screen shot.  Anyway, I had posted this on a different (wrong) forum and someone else answered it so I guess I'll close this one.  If you could post the screen shot though, that would help.  thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,605 Views)

Sorry my mistake

Ryan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,600 Views)

I'm also looking to do this but I don't see a timing settings. I am using the 30 day trial currently. Is changing the data logging frequency not possible with the trial version?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,400 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,392 Views)

This thread shows a different device. I'm using a Tektronic DPO 4104, which doesn't have the same device logging options. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,384 Views)