SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous data capture, single point logging

It would just log data continuously. I'm just curious to see what would happen with your data, if the problem would still occur. 

ShalimarA | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 32
(3,099 Views)

OK, I will give it a try.

But as the example we tried earlier logging samples continuously managed to write them to file in the correct order, I believe this will work too.

Regards,

Bandit.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 32
(3,097 Views)

Hi again,

I've tried this, and columns of data are written in the order they are acquired, just as in the example text file you attached.

Regards,

Bandit

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 32
(3,090 Views)

Hi Bandit,

I think I can definitively say that this is a bug. I'm going to submit a corrective action request because I've observed it in 2012 as well now. I've come up with a workaround though, hopefully you can utilise it. 

In the 'Start Conditions' page of the recording options, you can select 'Restart start/stop cycle in' to 'new log'. This worked for me, it created several new logs rather than 1 but thankfully they were all in the right order. I've observed that the first reading is in the correct order but the others are where it goes off. I also suggest that you not use 'Software Trigger A' as a stop condition as well as a start condition. This isn't the best programming practice and if you observe the recording light, SignalExpress doesn't work well when it's configured in this way. 

As I said, I'm going to file a corrective action request for this. 

ShalimarA | CLA
Message 24 of 32
(3,083 Views)

Hi ShalimarA,

Thanks. Now I know it's not something I'm doing, and will try a workround.

I note what you say about using the same software trigger for start and stop, but it was the only way I could find to configure that function to capture just one set of data. Which doesn't make it best practice, but probably good enough to complete the task I was attempting.

Thanks again for your help on this.

Regards.

Bandit

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 32
(3,078 Views)

No problem. I've found that if I used software trigger B as a stop condition, it captured one set of data, so you can try that and see if it helps? 

ShalimarA | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 32
(3,076 Views)

No problem. I've found that if I used software trigger B as a stop condition, it captured one set of data, so you can try that and see if it helps? 

ShalimarA | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 32
(3,076 Views)

The workround does seem to capture data in the correct order. But stopping with software trigger B means I can catch one set of data, or two, or occasionally (and confusingly) none at all, depending how fast I am on the trigger A / trigger B buttons.

I think for now my only solution is to capture data continuously and post process to pick out the data points required.

If there is a publicly accessible way to track it's progress please post the CAR number here so I can follow it to completion.

Regards, 

Bandit

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 32
(3,066 Views)

Hi,

I'm aware that you've been in contact with one of my colleagues. I'm submitting the CAR today but unfortunately there isn't a way to publicly access it. I believe he said he'd be in contact with you when we find out the results of it, though. 

ShalimarA | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 32
(3,059 Views)

Hi Shalimar,

Yes, I spoke with your colleague yesterday. I understand that the CAR is an internal process, I suspected it would be. I look forward to hearing about the result in due course.

Regards.

Bandit.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 32
(3,057 Views)