SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Controlled Start/Stop of Data Recording

I'm looking to control Signal Express through a TCP/UDP command sent from same network, which would enable/disable recording in SignalExpress.

Is there documentation for an API, or something that I can use to program a client to start and stop SignalExpress recording or data acquisition? 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,527 Views)

Hi DS487,

This functionality is not available for SignalExpress as it is meant to be a basic interactive tool for measurement and analysis without the need for programming. If you were using LabVIEW, what you are trying to do is certainly possible.

Humphrey H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(5,517 Views)

Could you please point me in that direction?  I'm interested in seeing those capabilities.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,512 Views)

To do this in LabVIEW, you will need to know how to handle producer/consumer loops and events.  Were I to do this, I would probably write a program with three loops - one for the user interface interactions (using the event structure), one for logging, and one for monitoring the TCP/IP stack for commands.  Use queues to communicate between the various loops.  This is the view from 20,000ft.  If you are unfamiliar with LabVIEW, I would encourage you to either take classes or run through the online tutorials.  When you have questions, post them to the LabVIEW board.  We have a hoard of superb users who will give you more help than you could possibly imagine (including some of us here at National Instruments).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,503 Views)