From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting SCC-FT01 for external triggering

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I currently hit the wall with this little device,  SCC-FT01, which I was told can perform my task. What I need it to do is to send TTL(0-5V)square wave signal to an imaging system via BNC cable in order to start recording.

My setup includes sc-2345 carrier and PXI-6221 DAQ board, I think it is M-type.

I followed manual&quick start guide of FT01 and set the wiring according to it, the unit by itself sits in J10 slot. But when I connect a voltmetter to it I am reading 0V. My guess is that I need somehow "set up" 1 of 7 bits for output mode in order to allow FT to generate signal. Unfortunatelly I can't find details on how to actually do that. The "knowledge base" article on this subject is not very helpfull.

If somebody who had a hands-on experience with this device for similar task can  help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,779 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oleks
Apparently it was really easy to code it, I was dumb Smiley Very Happy Problem solved!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,774 Views)